Fulton armory garand scout rail feedback wanted

1stmar

Was looking at the ultimak for one of my garands and found that Fulton armory has essentially the same rail for $50 less. Just looking for feedback on it if anyone has it. FA makes good stuff, wouldn't expect anything negative.

Thanks

peggysue

Fulton Armory has changed ownership many times. Used to be poor customer service in the 1990's however it may have changed. Do a google search on Fulton Armory review.

bamaranger

rails

I do not have a pic of the Fulton rail, but am familiar with the rail offered at one time by the CMP, and they are one in the same. I think of the maker of said rail, other rail is "Omega", it most definitely not Ultimak. I have an Ultimak on another make rifle BTW. (AK clone)

There are a few differences in the Ultimak and the Omega. . One is the nature of the attachment system. Which is better between the two may be a toss up. the Omega has more screws, and seems a bit more complex. Both seem pretty stable and sturdy. The Omega has some threaded holes on the body that allow the attachment of Pic/Weaver rails to mount accessories, the Ultimak does not.The Omega sets a bit higher off the barrel, and scopes/optics, , even with low rings, tend to end up a tad higher than the same arrangement on the Ultimak.

I bought both my Omega/CMP, and the Ultimak on the other rifle, used, at good prices. In use, I don't see, much practical difference in the two.

Scoping a Garand seems travesty, until one can't mange the peep sight like you'd like........then adding a scout scope seems not so bad.

1stmar

Thanks bamaranger, good info. I agree it's not desirable but I don't have the eyes for irons anymore and as such I don't shoot it. Since it's not a permanent change its a good option for me. I have 3 garands, I want one I can comfortably shoot with confidence. Btw where did ou find them used? Trying to justify and additional $50 for the ultimak.

Last edited:

Dirty_Harry

I had the Fulton scout rail for my M1A. It was a very high quality piece. I sold it due to weight, that bugger was heavy! It functioned as advertised.

bamaranger

used

I buy used stuff on Ebay. Multiple accessories like the rails, some grips, a few scarce parts, like for an old Ruger Bearcat, and multiple Leupolds.

Paid about half price on the rails, maybe less. Had to watch and bid on several over a course of time....but it paid off.