Full size Witness 45

Big George

After owning a herd of 1911s, Kimbers, Springfields, Colts, Charles Dalys...I bought a new Witness 45 full size steel, base model. For $300, I couldn't resist!

What have I gotten myself into?

Sisco

I've seen some negiatve posts, but I'm pleased with mine. I've put about 500 rounds through my carry comp., the only complaints is that it has a hard time feeding semi-wadcutters and the slide release is a little hard to reach. All other ammo I've fed it, Lead round nose, flat points, hollow points have fed flawlessly.

Danny45

Mine is very reliable and fairly accurate. It's not the 3" or 2" or 4" at 50 yard gun that you see posted on here, but I never had a hard time keeping the hits in the torso of the target. The only ammo it didn't like was those "truncated cone" (is that the right name???) ammo. Those are the ones that look like FMJ Round nose with the nose chopped off. My only regret is I didn't get the Wonder Finish or the decocker model.

Good luck with it.

------------------
"Charlton Heston is my President"

Danny45
NRA, NAHC, Buckmasters

BigMike

George,

Glad to see that another Tanfoglio(Witness) owner here. I can say that I have had nothing but positive things to say about my full size .45. I have not had a failure to feed/fire in 1000 rounds. I thought the sites were pretty gaudy and big but I have come use to them. I got the walnut wood grips for it, but am trying to make some myself in cocobolo. The fit is great on my pistol, but the finish has some slight machining marks inside the slide. I would consider the accuracy of my full size .45 almost as good as my Beretta Brigadier(9mm). The grip also adds to my impression as the softest shooting .45 I have ever shot.
And 10 rounds to boot. I like mine alot.

Mike

Sisco

Mike - where did you get the walnut grips? First thing I did with the sights was paint 'em day glow orange. I do this to everything with 3 dot sights, helps my tri-focal assisted eyes pick up on them faster.

------------------
I used to sleep at the foot of Old Glory
And awake in the dawn's early light
But much to my surprise
When I opened my eyes
I was a victim of the great compromise. -
John Prine.

BigMike

SK,

I got them from EAA. Call EAA or email them your order. They cost $50 + $7 S/H. The best part is that they reduce the circumference of the grip. Notice the back profile of the pistol? It's pretty slim until you look at the rubber grips then it widens out. With the wooden grips the profile is quite a bit thinner and it feels better(to me). I will see how the coco bolo grips turn out. Will hopefully get the wood in the next few weeks.

Mike

Big George

Thanks guys,

The gun will be here late this week. I heard what you said, SK, but I'm gonna try some 185 gr. lswc w/OAL of 1.255...Just want to see if they work!

Several fellow shooters say that I have the base for a great ipsc gun...I don't shoot ipsc, but I enjoy the thought!