Full Size 9mm Opinions

18DAI

I've got a S&W 4516-3 that I want to trade today for a full size 9mm. The models I'm considering are ,Beretta 92FS Brigadier ,HK USPF 9mm ,S&W 5943 ,and Sig 226. All the guns I'm looking at are used ,except for the USP. This gun is for range fun ,not carry. What say you ?

JCC2

Three options I would really consider seriously...

Beretta 92FS , CZ75 or CZ 85... For looks and efficiency go Beretta. For cost and efficiency go CZ.

Stay safe!

Juan Carlos

rellascout

Browning Hi-Power stay classy I8DA1

Other Good options:

CZ 75B
CZ Sp01
Sig P226
H&K USP
Beretta 92FS

CZ is the best value. You can get one NIB for $385

Bullrock

Before you buy a 92f try the PX4 Storm. Best automatic I have ever fired. Because they are new to the marketplace it may be tough finding a used one.

The USP is excellent, as is the CZ 75 even though you may not be considering one.

JoeHatley

How 'bout a 952...

952_r.jpg

Joe

18DAI

Thanks fella's for all the fine advice. It's much appreciated. I went to three different shops ,and none of them would give me anything for the 4516-3. I understand it's not worth a million dollars (I'm not one of those type's) but LNIB, with original box & doc's ,and a special order non catalog is worth more than $200 IMHO. Oh well, the silver lining is I got to hang around gunshops and talk guns all day. I also got the benefit of yall's advice. I need to try one of those CZ's. Everyone I know has nothing but good things to say about them. You guys are on the money with the 92FS. I tried hard to barter for that Brigadier. It's definitely my next purchase. Thanks again to all. Oh , Mr Hatley ,I have lusted after the 952 for a bunch of years ,yours sure is beautiful, thanks for sharing that pic. Regards 18DAI.

rellascout

Put your gun in the classifieds. You will get more there then you will from a shop.

Then take the money and get what you want.

newuspowner

if it is comfortable and price is not an option get the usp, expert or elite, neither are being imported and will retain value, not to mention great to shoot.
i own the usp expert in 45 and a usp45c both are exelent firearms, i have never had any problems.
you might also look at the sig 226, my step-father has one and it is also a great shooting gun.
it all boils down to what is most comfortable then price...
one of my other guns that is a blast to shoot is my FN Five-seveN, the only downside is the cost of ammo avg. around 20.00 s box for 50rnds, but it always draws a crowd, something about a 5.7X28 round traviling around
2000+fps w/ viturally no recoil:D
also i have nothing negative to say about the other guns listed, i am a big fan of glocks. i also have a springfield 1911 "loaded" in stainless, chambered in 9mm, it is a great gun and able to be customized.
good luck in your decision

D-Man

I liked the Beretta 92 series, but in the end, I went with a Magnum Research Baby Eagle. A full-sized steel 9mm that's based off the CZ. So far, it's been great, and have no regrets with the decision.

The USP is a much more expensive gun, especially since it's new compared to the other used models in your list. While polymer, and much lighter, it has been said to soak up recoil great (have yet to fire one).

Sounds like you have a decent list to pick from, so just go with the one that feels best, and you'll do great.

Doug.38PR

Sig Sauer P226. Double and Single acion. Cheap (if you get it in the red box) durable, high cap, and accurate. And they look more like the classic 1911 than most other 9mm autos.

SigSauerinhand.jpg

Feels good in the hand and,

Crystalclear2.jpg

Fits great on the hip

18DAI

Thanks ya'll. I intend to try the PX-4 and I'm going to get one of the fellas on my squad to bring his CZ to the range so I can try it too. Regards 18DAI.

BillCA

18DAI - The 952 is a very nice gun, but why not scout up something just as classy for a whole lot less money -- a S&W Model 39-2. I like 'em so much...

okay.. I only bought two... I'm not Victor Kiam so I couldn't buy the company (darn it!)
M39_0017cm.jpg

It may be an older design, but they can still be plenty accurate.
M39_A641xxx_1.jpg