Full Moon Clips and the 686.

VaughnT

Carrying one of these suckers at work is a pain, but I think it's better to bang it up than my 1911. Anyhow, lately I've thought about faster reloads than what the company thinks I should have and was wanting to get some clips.

Problem is, I don't see that there is room for a full moon clip. I could be wrong....probably am.

Also, what type of speed loader is best? A few of the guys have the short kind with the tiny knob, but that tiny knob seems to be a hindrance when fine motor skills have degraded due to stress. I did see one type somewhere that seemed to operate on a plunger action. It measured about 3" long and looked more easily handled than the small gear.

Anyhow, whatcha think?

VaughnT

That sucks.

The chances of my company authorizing machining of a service revolver are slim beyond calculation.

I was hoping for some good news, but I guess I'll have to see about qualifying with my 1911.....sure hate to get that thing scratched!

Maddock

The Safariland comp I and II are the fastest of the common speedloaders. The Dade and the newer spring loaded ones are a bit faster but less secure and much more expensive, respectively.
Try a Model 25, 625 et al. The full moon clips are the fastest revolver reload around.