Front sight post new build.

Chowder

This past weekend I finished my AR build and finally took it to the range to sight it in. The issue I am running into is to get the rifle to zero at 25 yards with a 6 oclock hold the rear sight is bottomed out and the front sight post seems far too high. The last time I used "A2" style sights was in basic training 14 years ago, and that was air force basic so we only shot once to be honest. I never remembered the front post being this high.

Front post image:

The upper parts are all Wyndam Weopons 20" crowned upper, detachable carry handle.

Right it is zeroed the way I usually like but I don't like being completely at the end of adjust-ability. My first thought is miss-matched parts but they all came as a kit, so did I screw something up? Thanks in advance.

Other than the sights the new AR functioned flawlessly and I got some good range time in with my wife once it was zeroed.

DnPRK

Flat top uppers with carry handle sights are 0.040" taller than GI sights on an integral carry handle upper. The easy solution is to get a "tall" front sight post. Wyndham sells them on their website, as does KNS.

The more difficult fix is to replace the front site base with an "F" marked sight base, which is 0.040" taller than an A2 sight base.

Chowder

Awesome thanks for the fast reply. Looks like I will be getting a new front sight post. A little frustrating seeing as this was all bought as a package but at least I know I'm not going crazy now haha.