Frog Lube

I learned about this magical stuff last week. Bought a small bottle of it and applied some on a rusty barrel. Used a nickel to scrape the rust off and the patina remained behind. Sweet stuff!

CameronP

I bought a bottle for my 45 auto. After reading the verbage on the label, it looks like the product is petroleum free. Since you brought this up, I just realized it may be an excellent lube (not ball lube) for my Remys. The product smells good to. (not like frogs, lol)

Ruger9er

I am a dyed in the wool Froglube convert. Just make sure to follow the directions. I say that because most people who seem to have a problem with it don't.

The only thing is it is kind of a one-way street. They recommend using the solvent to get rid of what petroleum products are already there. Then just the FL CLP from then on. One issue is the people who get everything off, use the FL CLP, and then "just put a thin film of gun oil on it". Yes, there will then be problems.

After about the 2nd or 3rd application (easier than the 1st) you'll be surprised how easy your gun is to just wipe off.

Pahoo

Interesting and thanks !!!

Fellas;
Well, yah got my attention and asking where you typically buy this product? I know I can go on the internet but are there local stores or type of stores, where I might find this stuff? Either way, I'm getting on board. .... ;)

Be Safe !!!

redrick

Are y'all using the paste or liquid ?

I might switch as well . I just can't stand the smell of eezox or ballistol any more .

I bought the liquid. It was all the local store had. I wasn't aware of the paste form until later. I would prefer paste since its neater and less waste from spillage.

Anyway, yesterday I started working on the buttplate of a Win 1885 rifle. It had some rust on the outside but beneath the buttplate, whoa! :eek: Sorry no pictures of it before I started cleaning up the rust.

colbad

I have been using the past. I think it works better. It is especially effective if you heat the metal before applying. Although the lube is good alone after it drys and you wipe off excess, I often apply a little extra NON Petroleum lube for long range sessions.

waveslayer

It simply works. If you don't apply it right and leave too much it will cause some binding until it's heated up. If you head into the cold it can freeze so wipe it off food before but it is the best stuff I have ever used!

Use a hair dryer to warm your stuff up to apply it. Smells great

BTW, I'm only using it on museum owned firearms and not my own (too expensive for me).

Last week I returned an 1888 production Winchester High Wall in 45-70 that belongs to the museum. Lotsa missing parts, broken stock and forearm. Clever and strong design by St. John Moses Browning.

FrontierGander

Im lubing some .020" shooting patches now LOL, thats all I will find it good for. Much better rust protection/lubes out there on the market.

The High wall is a super strong looking rifle. Very nice looking rifles.