French hunter shoots down power lines - kills cow.

H&Hhunter

You know why the French plant trees on all their major roads?

It gives the conquering armies shade to march in.

You know what Frances reaction to news that Spain just got in a shipment of the newest type septic tanks?

They surrendered.

Now we know why!!!!!;)

DadOfThree

The man, who had a valid hunter's permit, last weekend first tried to pick off crows sitting on a high-tension overhead powerline with four shots from his 12 calibre rifle
12 caliber rifle???? Smaller than a pellet .177 pellet gun?
Instead, he smashed four isolating hubs, cutting current to houses in the area for up to a hour
OK 4 shots and he hits 4 isolators and he trys to say he was shooting at crows? No, he was shooting at the isolators.

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
Dad, would you really expect a Limey reporter to have the first sign of a clue about guns and calibers and suchlike?

Wuz I a guessin' fella, I'd say a 12-gauge shottygun. :) I don't think a .12-anything would break one of those glass insulators.

Art

KSFreeman

12 caliber???:confused:

I see the gun rags have been translated into French. Another fan of velocity over mass? Was it the 12 calibersuperduperWinchestermagnum? It must be good--it has magnum in the title.

Of course, to the froggies, magnum means something else.:D

UltimaThule

Art, I think the Limeys are innocent this time. The web site is South African, but it looks like they got it from AFP, so if I wuz a guessin' fella I would say it was written by a Frog. Although I'm not sure what difference that makes... :)

Sisco

I heard on the news the other day that Spain announced they had developed a new and vastly improved septic tank.
The French immediately surrendered. :D