Freedom Arms help needed.

30-30remchester

I have aquired quite a collection of reloading gear and accsessories from a well known gun writer and am liquidating them on EBAY and GUNBROKER. He had a couple of sets of grips I cant identify. He had owner a Freedom Arms Casul and they appear to fit such a gun. Can anyone identify these grips?

Grips3.jpg

Grips2.jpg

Grips1.jpg

laytonj1

Those are FA grips and look to be for a model 83.
One note, their grips are individually hand fitted to the gun. With the earlier guns at least, none of mine would interchange between the same models as the grip locator was always cut in a slighly different position.

Jim

BigJimP

I think Jim is right / I believe they came off a Freedom Arms model 83 - large frame - as well / why they were not sold with the gun they fit ??? ...

Were they replacement grips for a gun that had grips that were damaged ..???.../ ...maybe he bought them somewhere as an extra pair of grips hoping they would fit something he owned...?? ....hard to know....

But if a person were to buy them for one of their Freedom Arms revolvers....to be sure they fit, they would have to test fit them in person...to the specific gun.

Like a lot of guys....if something were to happen to me....there is a pretty big box of assorted holsters and grips in my shop ....not to mention more than a few boxes of reloading stuff...?? / some things are marked - some are not ...grips that I've either replaced on guns, or picked up at gunshows....and without me being there to go thru it in detail ...it'd be a real pain to figure out what they are for /what they fit or didn't quite fit correctly..../ especially if grips changed over time for that mfg.

http://www.freedomarms.com/

This is a photo of my latest model 83

http://thefiringline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=82010&d=1339790943

Last edited:

Snub357

FA grips. Pretty much worthless because FA fits their grips to their frames. When you want new grips for a FA revolvers, you send the frame to them for fitting.