FREE NRA Membership 3 - Click Here

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
Thus far, there have been sixteen (16) TFL members signed up as new members of NRA or GOA. Slowpoke_Rodrigo started out this idea last month and it seems to have taken on a life of its own. Here’s a status report:

Slowpoke_Rodrigo sponsored Dennis Olson (retroactively)
K80Geoff sponsored samsonj
TheBluesMan sponsored Don Gwinn
glockguy45 sponsored John/az2
Monkeyleg sponsored Eric
foxfire sponsored TwoGuns
The Chief sponsored DOCSpanky and Aztec
HankL sponsored dj1540
blunder sponsored an anonymous family of three
Floyd2U sponsored mufb
Blueyedog sponsored csddwk
Anonymous sponsored Kmeador
Svt sponsored Bill and Eric (did Eric get 2 memberships?)

Thanks to all sponsors and recipients for participating. We need BOTH to make this work. We now have a backlog of sponsors and need more recipients to step forward and help us with this project. Here’s what’s available now (in order):

This list will be updated as members step forward and either accept or donate memberships. Latest update: 4/13/00

cjb (1) - cbrant@nb.net
yy (2) - yenyin@yahoo.com
Anonymous (1) - david-j-miller@usa.net
TMoney (1) - tmoney@flash.net
Slowpoke_Rodrigo (1) - slowpoke_rodrigo@hotmail.com

------------------
RKBA!
"The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security"
Ohio Constitution, Article I, Section 4 Concealed Carry is illegal in Ohio.
Ohioans for Concealed Carry Website

[This message has been edited by TheBluesMan (edited April 13, 2000).]

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
Each donor has pretty much agreed to the premise of Slowpoke_Rodrigo's original posting. Which basically stated that if you are interested, are a TFL member and can't afford it right now: you're in!

It can be worked out between donor and recipient how the transaction takes place. The most common way seems to be through the NRA website at http://www.nra.org . Other terms can be the donor sending the recipient a check or money order made out to NRA and leave it to the recipient to get an application and send it in.

Some donors have offered either GOA or NRA membership, recipient's choice. Contact the person at the top of the list by email if you are interested. As donations are filled, we'll post that fact, and the next interested member can respond to the next person on the list.

------------------
RKBA!

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
Don - Are you referring to the email addys after each "anonymous" listing? I see your point. Fact is, though, that Slowpoke and I are just the "go-between" contacts for the anonymous donors.

We'll put the donor in touch with the recipient once we hear from them. Hopefully soon, too!

------------------
RKBA!

BountyHunter

surely there is someone out here that isnt in the NRA and would like to join free

------------------
My bulldog was ran over by a car last week therefore I joined AUTOMOBILE CONTROL INC. those damn cars should be taken off the street

Dark Avenger

I have two reasons that I haven't joined the NRA.

1. Until this election (NRA election that is) they have failed to be visible except for as a whipping boy for the liar in the White House.

2. My wife has a weird notion that the NRA is too extreme. I joined GOAL and SAF, but there is no $ in the budget for the "extremist NRA" according to her.

I would love a free membership, but I would feel guilty taking it from someone who is really unable to pay. However, if it does go begging for too long, don't forget that my birthday is April 19th.

Philosophical observation: It is more effective and efficient to effect change in an organization from within than from without, nicht wahr?

Dark Avenger, having no monies in budget for NRA membership is semantically equivalent to 'can't afford it,' in my view. Why not claim one (or two) memberships?

------------------
Slowpoke Rodrigo...he pack a gon...

Vote for the Neal Knox 13

[This message has been edited by Slowpoke_Rodrigo (edited April 11, 2000).]

Dark Avenger

Thank you Slowpoke and the rest of TFL. This will be a great birthday present! :->

I will follow up directly with you.

DA

P.S. Do they still give the silver bullet ?

I'm proud to award our anonymous sponsor's membership to Dark Avenger.

Thanks to our esteemed benefactor for making two NRA memberships possible.

I am rejoining the sponsor list with an offer of one membership.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Slowpoke_Rodrigo (edited April 11, 2000).]

Dennis Olson

Slowpoke,

This one's for you. Thanks guy.... (And I'll answer that email soon!)

NRA_CARD2.jpg

[This message has been edited by Dennis Olson (edited April 11, 2000).]

That image looks mighty fine to me, Dennis. Let's get together for some applied chemistry and physics (shooting).

While I am in reply mode I would like to thank our BluesMan for taking stewardship of this topic by starting new threads with a summary.

------------------

More good news - I just referred a prospect to zeebrahed for evaluation.

------------------

Zeebrahed

Slowpoke's referral has yielded a new member to the National Rifle Association! Let us keep this train rolling...

Yours in liberty,

Tom

houndawg

I have the membership package, but after I applied funds became tight. If someone will advance me one of the scholarships it would surely be appreciated.

HankL

I guess this old thread is about dead. I would like to take this moment to welcome all of the new members to the National Rifle Associaction.
Sincerely,
Henry C. Lampe, II
I really appreciate everyones participation in this one
smile.gif