FREE GOA Membership 2 - Click Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
Here's a link to the first thread where Slowpoke_Rodrigo started the GOA membership giveaway: http://www.thefiringline.com:8080/forums/showthread.php?threadid=27056 If you're interested in finding out how this all started go here: http://www.thefiringline.com:8080/forums/showthread.php?threadid=25788

Here's Slowpoke's opening statement from the original GOA thread that explains what is going on here.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Due to the membership application backlog at NRA, the TFL RKBA stalwarts listed below have accepted a new mission - help to create a similar backlog at Gun Owners of America. Like our NRA promo, any TFL member who wants to join GOA, but hasn't the financial means, should contact the sponsor at the top of the list.

The events of this year, including the election, may well settle the RKBA issue in the United States.[/quote]

Here's the current list of sponsors: Updated: June 24, 2000

Joe Portale (2) - jportale@gci-net.com
Anonymous (1) - david-j-miller@usa.net
JimR (1) - jriti@yahoo.com
GnL (2) - mianbao@yahoo.com

goalogox.gif

------------------
RKBA!
"The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security"
Ohio Constitution, Article I, Section 4 Concealed Carry is illegal in Ohio.
Ohioans for Concealed Carry Website

[This message has been edited by TheBluesMan (edited June 22, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by TheBluesMan (edited June 24, 2000).]

BluesMan, thanks for the Moderator housekeeping.

I am proud to welcome and sponsor Darth, so Anonymous is on point.

Pending a reply from Christina Whittington, my RKBA budget is exhausted - temporarily - I'll have more monies available 1 June.

We need a new sponsor or three.

------------------
Slowpoke Rodrigo...he pack a gon...

"That which binds us together is infinitely greater than that on which we disagree" - Neal Knox

I'll see you at the TFL End Of Summer Meet!

jeffer

I'll be a member soon, anyone want to sponsor my son?

[This message has been edited by jeffer (edited May 27, 2000).]

Darth

I would like to publicly send my sincere thanks to Slowpoke_Rodrigo for sponsoring a poor college student into the GOA. Slowpoke, I hope to repay your generocity by sponsoring someone when I am able.

Hats off to all of y'all.

[This message has been edited by Darth (edited May 26, 2000).]

JCH

Any room for me, I'd love to join? I fit the broke college student profile. If not I guess I'll just have to wait until the gubment sends me the repayment on the intrest free loan I gave them.
JCH

[This message has been edited by JCH (edited May 27, 2000).]

Joe Portale

Okay folks,

I make some noise around here from time to time, so it is time for me to pony up. I have often thought of joining GOA, but felt the NRA was doing the most for our rights. (no flames please) So it is time for me to get off my slow behind. I will sign myself up and sponser two others. Let me know how to do this.

------------------
Joe Portale
Tucson, Arizona Territory

True Gun Control: Weaver or Isosceles.

Jedi Oomodo

Ok, Slowpoke, I got the MO, but... what do I do with it now? :eek: Is there an address I need to mail it to, or what? :eek: :eek: Please forgive my cluelessness (looking for the clue bat...)

[This message has been edited by Jedi Oomodo (edited May 28, 2000).]

jthuang

Count me in as well for one new member. My bank account has recovered from that trip to Las Vegas last month.

Would prefer that the new member join me (and I'm sure many others) in my boycott of Colt, S&W, Ruger and Remington but I'm not going to ask for a legally binding document to that effect. :)

Justin (NRA and GOA life member)

------------------
Justin T. Huang, Esq.
late of Kennett Square, Pennsylvania

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
OK, here's how things shake out...

The anonymous donor for whom I am acting as contact will sponsor Jeffer's son. I'll pass his information on to the sponsor and they will sign him up on the GOA website.

Joe Portale and jthuang have generously offered to sponsor a membership. Thanks to both of these members for helping out this cause.

Joe Portale - please sponsor JCH

jthuang - please sponsor houndawg

When you contact each other, the sponsor will need the recipient's full name and address. Phone number and email address are optional. You can go here to sign them up, or send in an application via snailmail for them, or send a money order to your recipient made out to GOA; and they can sign up themselves.

Thanks to all donors and recipients for supporting the Right to Keep and Bear Arms for ourselves and our future generations.

------------------
RKBA!

terridarri

Slopoke or Bluesman, Gunslinger and I would like to sponsor someone to join the GOA or NRA in rememberance of Gale McMillian. So please let us know how much and who we need to send the check to. This is what we have chosen to do instead of sending flowers.

------------------
WHEN IT COMES TO FRIENDS THE SKY IS NOT THE LIMIT
TFL End of Summer Meet, August 12th & 13th, 2000

terridarri and Gunslinger, what a fitting tribute. I called in a marker or two and will back your play with an additional five sponsorships in memoriam Gale McMillan.

------------------
Slowpoke Rodrigo...he pack a gon...

"That which binds us together is infinitely greater than that on which we disagree" - Neal Knox

I'll see you at the TFL End Of Summer Meet!

Dizzipator

I would like to be sponsored for a GOA membership. I am already an NRA member, and I gave $25 to SAF a few weeks ago, and $25 to the libertarian senatorial candidate up in Taxa-two-sh**s, so I'm tapped out for a while.

The Moderator can access my email to put me in touch with a sponsor.

Thanks in advance for your generous offer!

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
Regulator, please contact terriderri at the address in the first post for your membership.

Dizzipator, please contact Slowpoke_Rodrigo at the address in the first post for your membership.

P.S. Any news from Joe Portale, JCH, jthuang, or houndawg?

------------------
RKBA!

terridarri

Thanks SloPoke for your response by via-email and thanks Bluesman for your response on the thread, if Regulator will e-mail me we will get him or her set up with a membership.

------------------
WHEN IT COMES TO FRIENDS THE SKY IS NOT THE LIMIT
TFL End of Summer Meet, August 12th & 13th, 2000

RedCrosse

A quick question about the GOA:

I am seriously considering becoming a member due to my frustration at the NRA (again - not intending any offence - I am a member as of right now) for sending so much expensive printed materials, plastic cards, huge envelopes, return envelopes, stickers, pictures, ad nauseum. It causes me to wonder about the stewardship of the NRA. How is the GOA in regards to the issue of stewardship of my membership dues?

Also know that the great generosity of GOA members on this forum has been an encouragement to me and a great testimony to the GOA. Congratulations - it is a method working to convince me of membership.

[This message has been edited by RedCrosse (edited May 31, 2000).]

Status
Not open for further replies.