Free Float Tube for Armalite

TaxPhd

I am looking for a free float tube for an Armalite M15A4 carbine, without much luck.

Does anyone make a tube for this gun? I was told that the odd ball length of the hand guards was the problem.

Also, I'm not looking for an under the handgaurds tube, as this isn't a DCM gun. Rather, I want a tube that completely replaces the handgaurds.

Is the installation of these a do it yourself project, or does it require a gunsmith?

metro25

try this link http://www.accuracyspeaks.com/ they have the carbine free float. Or you might just get a regular two piece free float tube from sherluks or j&t surplus. You will need an armorers wrench and a barrel vise block or action block, moly lube, 1/2 inch drive torque wrench and a 1/2 inch drive breaker bar. Also a vise with at least a 5 inch jaw. hth

[This message has been edited by metro25 (edited October 29, 1999).]

Theo

What about the Armalite tube ? The tube that they make for their M15 A4 T comes in rifle or carbine lengths, can be ordered in green or black, and is made of fiberglass (it is light weight and doesn't get to hot to hold like its aluminum counterparts).