Free firearms FTW!

MagicMan

Early birthday gift. Ruger 10/22. I'm going to break her in this week & as long as she's good, I will replace the wood stock w/a black synthetic & toss a scope on her. I might even sell my 597 if I like this one enough. I also thought about selling both & buying a GSG-5. This 10/22 is at least 10 years old. I was told the stock may be Walnut & worth something. Any input?

Untitled-TrueColor-01-5.jpg

Inspector3711

If you're not going for the paramilitary look I'd look at a Butler Creek stock and barrel kit.

http://www.cabelas.com/link-12/product/0005625222408a.shtml

(If you get a different stock and want to keep your factory barrel in place, be careful which stock you buy. Many are designed for larger diameter target or varmint barrels.)

$219 and worth every penny if you can afford it. Mine is the blued one and it shoots very accurately. I'm under .500" (best group is .420 X .310) for 10 shots at 50 yards with match ammo. I did spend $40 on a home trigger job though. Before that I was at .500".

I sold my 4 year old factory birch stock and barrel on Gunbroker for $100. If yours is walnut you may get a little more, but I doubt you'll hit the big jackpot. I have a Bushnell 3X9 .22 Rimfire scope that works very well and is around $40 at Midway USA. The BSA Sweet 22 is another good choice at about $75 and compensates for trajectory. I'd buy the Bushnell again because of the price and quality.

Last edited: