Frankford Arsenal Perfect Seat Hand Primer

alanwk

How can I tell if the FA hand seat primer is the new and current model? I see photos with the push down lever to insert shell holder in different places. One in front and one on the side. Also best place to buy??

I think you will find that in all photos, the handle is directly in front of the shell holder slot you insert the cartridge case into. It is only the primer tray that is in different locations. I don't have one of these, so I don't know if that shifting around of the primer tray is just a Photoshop effect or if it is real. But if it is, I can see how someone operating the tool right-handed would want it on the other side from someone operating it left-handed so as to more easily keep it tilted to feed primers.

markr6754

I haven't seen the pictures that you are referring to, but I have the FA Perfect Seat hand primer. It's nearly 3 years old and still looks the same as every unit I've ever seen advertised for sale. The primer tray is directly opposite the case feed, which is directly in line with the push down lever.

This is my 90% goto tool for priming. I occasionally prime on my Hornady LNL press as this single stage gives me the most leverage for seating LPP in 45 ACP cases. All of my SPP I use the FA hand tool. I can work up a nice rhythm with this tool when I need to prime my 380/9mm/40S&W/300BLK cases.