Franchi 48 AL

Voyager AL

bought a real nice 48AL with 2 barrels, the original certificate and owners manual, in a case, for 300 dollars today. Fired 3 2 3/4 shells fine, then didnt want to eject anymore. I took it home, and gave it a thorough clean and lube. Gun is about 95%, a little wear on the edges where the bluing wore off the alloy . Did I do good? and is there anything i should look for as to the eject/load problem? It hadnt been fired in YEARS, so i am hoping the problem was old dirt and oil.

Big Yac

Under the forearm there is a metal ring with a bevel on the inside edge that you can flip over. Depending on which way you put this ring on (I cant remember right now) you can shoot heavy or light loads. Try flipping the metal ring over and see what happens. I cleaned my AL-48 one day and for the life of me it would not eject 2 3/4 or 3 dram shells until I went and fliped that ring over. Now it operates just fine, no trouble at all. Hope this helps.

Voyager AL

I did a thorough cleaning and lubed with BreakFree CLP. I did read the instructions, and I left that ring on the heavy side. It workee fine next time out. What a sweet gun! I will be shooting trap on saturday. cant wait! AL

lev83

Voyager sounds like a nice gun at a fair price. I picked mine up for $280 (Condition 98%) and have had nothing but good to say about it. The gun is extremely light and points quickly. Be cautious when cleaning to avoid getting oil on the wood where the stock meets the reciever and dont overtighten screws, I have seen more than a few that have cracked.

Voyager AL

well, I didnt shoot today, but I did on Thursday. Cold and windy. I couldnt hit the broad side of a barn. I handed my gun to another shooter, and he shot 10 out of 10. I just need practice with it. I hope it gets better. It gets embarassing at the range. I shoot fine(18 out of 25 avg.) with a cheap Mossberg pump.

CharlieBrown

franchi's

love em..have a 48 in 20 and 12..multiple barrels on the 12

and a black majic..very fine shotguns

however..they must be solid on your shoulder..reciol operated... for them to cycle correctly

light as a feather..slim..especially the 20