Franchi 48 AL or 720?

Full-choke

I have decided that my next purchase will be a 20 gauge autoloader. I would like one that is going to look sharp when I take it out on the trap range but is still completely good to take out and shoot pigeons at the barnyard.

Having looked through several guns I have settled on the Franchi 48 AL or the 720. Don't bother trying to get me to switch over to another one, it won't happen. These are the two that I have my heart set on and you won't be able to change my mind. All I want to know from people that have used one or both is which is the better gun?

I love my Franchi I-12 and I would really like to add another one into the collection but something that looks a little nicer. The I-12 camo is the perfect hunting gun but really isn't one for show. I think when I get the money around and decide which I would like I am going to find myself a very nice used one with a good rich blue to it with some good looking wood that is in nice shape.

Thanks,
F-C

Logs

I love my AL 48 it is super light for carrying in the field. I have shot several boxes of shells at the trap range and was suprised that it will give you a pretty good beating. I use my AL 48 as a quail and rabbit gun. Haven't shot the 720.

RetiredLawman

I've been using a 12 and a 20 gauge AL48 for over 40 years. Love them. Never a problem. Best upland gun I have ever had and I have a safe full of guns.