Four years to the "Perfect 9'"

38snapcaps

Last week I bought a Glock G19 and I am absolutely delighted with it. Soft recoil, from thirty feet back the groups have holes touching, flawless workmanship, and as expected, perfect reliability. I like the trigger feel, and the simplicity of the design I find fascinating.

Exactly a year ago, 2003, I bought a Walther P99. Great looks and amazing accuracy with a very comfortable grip and never a malfunction. But the trigger just didn't feel right, even after a thousand rounds. I still have it tho.
Its ninety-five percent perfect and I could never give it up.

In 2002 I had a Hi-Power and a Ruger P94. Neither of them lasted more than a few months. The Browning grip felt wierd, the trigger was heavy, and had disappointing accuracy. The Ruger was a good shooter, accurate and reliable, but was just too cobby looking. I had no pride in ownership, it was certainly nothing I was excited about to show my shooting friends.

January 2001 saw a CZ-75 come and go. Again, it was the grip and the look. I like to admire my firearms on cold nights, you know, clean them to microscopic perfection and admire the mechanical beauty of them. The CZ didn't provide that enjoyment, it just didn't make me smile.

Several times I was going to just give up on 9mm. However, for the past six months there was just "something" about a Glock that appealed to me. The more I read about them, looked at pictures, and handled them at the store the more intrigued I became. But, boy are there detractors to the brand!!
I never could understand such venom towards a pistol?? But you can't base your life's decisions exclusively on what other people say, so I took a chance and bought one.

As good as the Walther is, the Glock has taken the title as my "Perfect 9".

johndavid400

hey man, whatever floats your boat! there is a reason why Glock is so popular... especially with its 9mm's.

Actually, I haven't ever heard anything ill toward the Glock 9mm's at all, just the .40's and .45's... but that is just a few comments here and there.

Borodin

wow

Its about time i read a post from someone who is as IN to their guns as I am. I am a fanatic about my rods and guys I know who shoot are always laughing at me. They treat their guns as TOOLS?!? I regard them as ARTFORMS. Silly to some of you, I know, but I do.

INteresting also that you LOVE the G19. I have a CZ75 Compact but I have been thinking of getting a 19 instead.

I am also thinking that my Xmas money will go for a snubby 38 since i need an ankle/pocket carry gun as well.

Sure like those Glocks though.

Tony S45

That's the fun of our sport! We can buy, trade, sell and shoot till our hearts are content and/or our wallets are empty -- which ever comes first!

I did the Glock 34, CZ75B, Ruger P95, S&W 5946 shuffle and have settled on a Springfield 5" Loaded 1911 in 9mm and a S&W "Super 9" as my two all time favorite 9mm guns. Will never sell either of them; well, maybe not.

Hans

The Sig P228 is where it's at for me (haven't shot a glock yet, but don't like the feel of them).