Four lives: 25 years

slabsides

Member In Memoriam
The plea bargain that young mass murderer Kip Kinkle signed the other day gives him six years and three months of guaranteed incarceration for each of the four human lives he blotted out. Nice to know that's what our judiciary thinks we are worth! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Am I the only one who regrets the passing of the 'Hang 'Em High' policy for murderers? slabsides

------------------
An armed man is a citizen; an unarmed man is a subject; a disarmed man is a slave.

John/az2

I don't know why you're surprised. It took the deaths of 168 people to get a conviction of Timothy McVey.

The death of one (1) should be sufficient for the convicted to receive the death sentence. If we offered no quarter for such acts, I personally believe we would see fewer of them.

------------------
John/az

"The middle of the road between the extremes of good and evil, is evil. When freedom is at stake, your silence is not golden, it's yellow..." RKBA!

www.quixtar.com
referal #2005932

Ruger

Did McVey kill all those people? Hasn't it been confirmed that on the day of the bombing, ATF wasn't at home? Wasn't a private demolition expert called in by an outside group to quell rumors that the bomb was planted by the government, wasn't said individual turned away and refused access? The justice system doesn't always free the innocent, look at the number of sexual offenders, jailed and now released because DNA evidence proved them innocent. I'm not saying McVey is not guilty, but does anyone else find the circumstance funny?

As to penalties handed out for crimes like discussed in the start of this post. It's a shame we allow our government to return killers to the street, it's a shame we allow our government to return predators to prey on our children after short sentences. We're allowing our country to fall apart around our ears, and what have we done?

------------------
Live Free or Die Trying,

Steve Moody

Just once wouldn't it be nice to hear a politician say,"I don't believe this way, but the people do."

John/az2

Ruger,

I feel the same way, but I did not want to bring up another consipracy... Therefore I did not mention it...

------------------
John/az

"The middle of the road between the extremes of good and evil, is evil. When freedom is at stake, your silence is not golden, it's yellow..." RKBA!

www.quixtar.com
referal #2005932

DC

Moderator Emeritus
If I recall correctly, re Federal charges, McVey got the death penalty for killing some Federal employees....not for killing non-Feds.

RE: Kinkel....yep, one more miscarriage of justice. A murderer gets 6 yrs apiece and a pot grower would get 10 yrs. 4 lives gone, 4 families ruined, 4 future productive lives never realized. Kip will be in his early 40's when released and likely a lawyer trained on our dime. Ain't America grand? ;)

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

[This message has been edited by DC (edited September 26, 1999).]

John/az2

So, a federal employee's life is more valuable than a non-federal employee's?

For some it's quite the opposite...

GAD!

------------------
John/az

www.quixtar.com
referal #2005932

Ivan8883

Remember boys, Ron Hariuchi the Fed who killed poor Vicki Weaver could not be prosecuted by the State of Idaho because the Federales Court ruled that a federal officer is immune from prosecution when in a state on government business. Or words to that effect. Yes, justice system is heavily weighed in favor of elites and their minions. And people like the nut mentioned who killed 4 get light sentences because life itself has become cheap in a country where at one time lif e was considered sacred.