Found this section after giving up SASS

man7sell

Although my interest still lingers, still love to shoot my single action remaining pistol (Ruger Vagero Stainless Birdshead 44 mag), I have given up the SASS. Just too many other hobbies taking my time (and money). :rolleyes:

Yep. Too many interests and not enough time. I've been making hunting bags for demos for class and trying to format something.

44 Dave

I joined SASS to shoot my wheel guns and my "73.
I only shoot locally and our season is only 6 months (Northern Wisconsin, 9 months of Winter and 3 months of bad sledding).
I do like getting together with our small group once a month to shoot.

Hawg

I gave it up because it was really too far to travel and work was always interfering. I no longer work but live even further away.

Dang Hawg. I'm in kinda the same position. No more range b/c it's a drive (not bad) and I can step outside to chute. The camaraderie is missing though.

CCCLVII

Makes me sad to read this. I am just getting back into it after many years of being away. I was happy to see my old name still available! I can shoot any time I like but its nice to have people that are in to "cowboy" guns rather than tactical stuff like I see at my local range.

Hawg

Makes me sad to read this. I am just getting back into it after many years of being away. I was happy to see my old name still available! I can shoot any time I like but its nice to have people that are in to "cowboy" guns rather than tactical stuff like I see at my local range.

I don't think they recycle names. Once it's registered it's no longer available. You should have kept your original badge number too.

If somebody does not pay their dues for a long time, and somebody else wants that alias, SASS will give it to them. If dues have not been paid for a long time, and nobody asks for the alias, it will remain registered to the original owner.

I no longer drive more than two hours to a CAS match, I tend to fall asleep on the drive home. There are two clubs I can shoot at that are less than an hour away.

I have slacked off on my participation in CAS for the past few years. First, it was Covid, which kept me away for two years. I attended just a couple of matches this past season. Hope to attend a few more next season.

Jim Watson

I once met Wild Bill Hickok. He said he had been offered $1000 for his alias.

Lone Wolf Jack said he really wanted Yosemite Sam to go with his natural red hair and bushy red beard, but it was already taken.
When I met Yosemite Sam I was take aback, he rather resembled Charlie Brown, the round headed kid without even fuzz.