Found some H335!

Dave R

Ever since the shortage began, I've been looking for my favorite rifle powder, H335. My favorite shop finally got some in, and I restocked.

Now I can go varmit hunting without fear.

Oh joy!

I'm wondering if we've found bottom on the shortage.

Sevens

H335 is a sweetheart with the powder measure... but I really like the way H4198 gives me similar (better?) performance than H335 with less pressure and a nearly 20% lighter charge weight.

No, it doesn't meter near as well as H335, but it sure does perform. The next time you can't find H335, see if they have a can of H4198 and you too might find that you have two go-to powders in .223!

(of course, I just assumed you were talking .223, but you might have been talking any of a bevy of other calibers... still, if H335 is good in it, H4198 may also be!)

Dave R

Yup, its a .223. And I have used H4198 in it. And yes, its great for .223.

My choice of H335 was driven by a wildcat I shoot. .17/.357mag. 4198 was a bit fast for that. And now I use 335 in the wildcat, .223, .308 and 7.5 Swiss. Versatile stuff!

Now you can see why I missed it so much. I use it for most all my rifle reloading!

Paul B.

I'd like to find a couple of 8 pound jugs of that stuff. My .35 Whelen just thrives big time on that powder and I only have maybe a a quarter pound left. :(
Paul B.

rjrivero

H335

I hope I can find some around soon. I bought the last 2 one pounders of H4198, and have worked up loads in 223 but haven't had time to shoot them and test them. At any rate, that will only last for 2 months.

I'm hoping I can find some more H4198 or H335 to replace it.