Found Some Cheap Ammo (Kind Of)

Joe_Pike

There is an MC Sports in my area, and while they rarely have anyone in the gun department to offer any assistance I will stop in once in awhile and check their ammo. I stopped about a week ago and was looking at some .45acp. They have a lot of Fiocchi and it is generally the cheapest. The guy that finally helped me then pulled out some Remington UMC 50 round boxes of 230gn FMJ for $17.99. I bought one and left.

A couple of days later I got to thinking that that probably wasn't a bad price, so, yesterday I picked up another box. The girl at the counter rung me up and told me I owed her $29.01. I pointed out that the sticker was $17.99. She started to call someone, but then changed her mind and sold it at $17.99 rather than the $26.99 that the scan said it was.

I went back today and bought the last two boxes for $17.99. The cheapest I've seen it anywhere else is $22.99. They also had 185gr Remington UMC marked $17.99, but I was out of money.

JimDandy

Walmart has pretty consistently had Federal 100 round packs for 30-33ish, even better than your 17.99 by a bit. Well it's been consistently priced at that, having it in stock consistently is something else. Truth be told, given my geographic location, that's all that makes a trip to Walmart cost effective for me. The 5 round packs are about 19... at a $2 savings, I have to buy too many boxes they often don't even have to make up the gas costs.

Joe_Pike

You know, I have all of the equipment to reload but after I bought it I never could find any of the components. Every place I checked was sold out at the time and I have never tried looking again.

Stressfire

You know, I have all of the equipment to reload but after I bought it I never could find any of the components.

Have you tried local shops?

Politics plays a large part in component availability, just like gun sales. People panic and stockpile. For awhile, my local shops were completely out of any and all non-magnum primers.