Found an O/U I may be able to live with.

OkieCruffler

Stopped in the local Cabela's today to scout for some 22 rifles and found an old Remington 3200 skeet instead. 26" barrels and wood to die for. Shouldered like it was an old friend. Now if I can just talk my Better Judgement into letting me spend $1800 on it.:D

oregunner

Are you familiar with the 3200s? Have the upgrades been done? If not, that is expensive. Remington 3200 Skeet gun Blue Books for $1375 in 100% condition. No serious skeet shooters shoot 26" barrels anymore. Take a deep breath. Is this really the gun you want? Guns at Cabelas are rarely a bargain. Good luck. Mark

zippy13

Back in the mid 80s, when I went from club Skeet to NSSA competition, I knew two comp shoot who had R-3200s. Both of them had a bunch factory parts bags in their gun cases and both of them soon upgraded to K-guns. I can't remember the last time I saw anyone with a R-3200 nor a Skeet gun with a 26" barrels. Does Remington still have parts for the R-3200? I wouldn't wish a 26" R-3200 for Skeet on my worst enemy.

oneounceload

Cabela's typically, like Gander and BASS, have about 10% wiggle room on pricing. Before oyu plunk your money down, go out to places like GunsInternational.com and find similar guns and pricing - Since GI is NOT an auction site, you will find realistic pricing to give you a better idea where Cabela's pricing is at.

BTW, wood is the cheap part to replace on older guns like those

OkieCruffler

I'm a little strange, I've never minded paying over blue book for something I really wanted. I worked in musical retail long enough to know that blue book has very little meaning to true market value.
I don't think I've ever been on gunsinternational, or if I have it's been long enough ago that I've forgotten.