Found a nice Ruger!

Siggy-06

Went to pick up another lower receiver at my lgs today, and in the used case was a stainless steel Ruger revolver. I recognized it right away, because I had a blued version years ago:

Nice Security Six with Ruger's wood grips. Lock up is solid, Single action mode is crisp and light, double pretty smooth too. Offered $300 out the door and it came home with me. :D

Armybrat

Dang! You stole that sweet Six!

Wish I could find one that nice for even a Benjamin more and would think I got a very good deal.

bamaranger

tough

I have posted on other occasions, that back in the day FLETC/Glynco supposedly did a shoot till failure test with medium frame .38/.357 revolvers, Colt , Smith & Wesson, Rugers. This was before the L-frame 'Smith, and the Ruger GP series was not on the market either. Semiautos were just beginning to see a wee bit of use, but the work horse of the law was the medium frame revolver.

The Ruger Security Six family walked away with it.......tough. I was not there, can't advise specifics, but it was common table talk among the senior instructors when I came through in the mid 80's, early 90's.

DirtyHarold

Awesome! The first non 22 gun I ever fired was a security six, my old mans.

To this day it’s one of my favorite guns, just for the nostalgia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk