Found 625 PC at local purveyor

Master Blaster

So I was innocently walking past the display case and a 625 Performance Center revolver with a 4" barrel was sitting in the case. OTD price $699. Has the Altamont ugly grips an a set of rubber hogues. Did the revolver check out and it is in excellent shape. Appears to have been fired very little and not cleaned too well. Anybody have one? If so how do you like it? BTW I already own several older model 25, 22, and 625 revolvers so I am aware of the lock etc. The trigger is incredibly smooth.

DaleA

If you already own an S&W 25 you're ahead of me and I can't give you any info you probably don't already have but I'd be HARD PRESSED to walk past that deal. A nice double action .45 Colt would just fit soooooo well in the gun safe. (I'm partial to larger, heavier revolvers like the N frame with the four inch barrel and adjustable sights...what's not to like? Handy and 'full bodied'.)

Real Gun

My 625PC is 45 ACP, not to be confused with the 45 Colt 25 version. I bought it because my 625 JM had ECM rifling and leaded too badly with cast bullets. The PC version has cut rifling, and Jerry Miculek's transition to lead bullets may have had something to do with its development.

My gun is really accurate and a joy to shoot. I did immediately ditch the clown grips. Don't know what S&W was thinking there.

I did discover that the PC can take K/L frame grips. When I tried N-frame conversion grips, they moved without a tight fit on the grip frame. My 625 JM was already gone, so I don't know about grip fit on that model.

lamarw

I have a Model 25 (.45 Colt) with a 4" barrel. It is the Mountain Gun version with Ahrend smooth combat grips that came on it factory new. Any of the 25 or 625's in .45 Colt are wonderful hand guns.

Viper225

My brother has a very early JM625. Early enough to have a 5" barrel. The Serial Number is something like JM086. His came in the Aluminum PC Case. It has been a great gun.

I have a plain 625 that was originally a 3". I had Ron Power do his Power Custom Combat work on it hack in the 1990's. At that time he told me that this was the first one that he had ever worked on with 100% Cylinder Alignment on all 6 Holes. I had him rebarrel it to 5" for IDPA. Then Bill changed the rules to 4". I had Ron put the 3" back on it a few years ago, then I was back about a year after that and had a 4" PC barrel installed. The Quick Change Front Sight PC barrel is nice.

If my local dealer had it, it would not be that cheap.

Bob

Rafsob

Had one years ago and foolishly traded it off. Sounds like a good deal. If it doesn't break you, go for it friend.