Fouling problem

ajacobs

I shoot between over 300 rounds through my ruger blackhawk in one range sesion. These are all fairly cheep .38 specials. Great practice for cowboy action shooting. The problem is the ring of fouling that builds up between the end of the case and where the end of the case would be with a .357 mag. I literally have to dig at it after every range session with dental picks. I am looking for away to prevent this. I would appreiate an opinion on a couple of options.

1. I don't reload but does anyway make a .357 cased round with only .38 special power?

2. What about wadcutters I assume the casses are longer? Are they .357 length

3. I am willing to go as far as having just the inside of the cylinder hard chromed or treated with one of the teflon finishes. Would it even be possible to keep the outside blued and do something to the chambers? Is there any finish that wouldn't require boreing the chambers slightly larger to make up for the nominal thinkness of the plating?

mikey357

ajacobs-I know that Georgia Arms manufactures a .357 "Cowboy" load-loaded to .38 special velocity, but in full-length Magnum brass...they've got a website and ship, so you should be able to get 'em. I think that some of the other small manufacturers/commercial reloaders ALSO put up "Cowboy" loads in Magnum brass, but I can't remember who right now...maybe Black Hills???....mikey357