Forbes magazine - Thomas Sowell

David

Morgan, excellent post. That is why I like this guy. He can cut the crap and get down to the basics of the matter.

You should have seen his writings on why women, on average, are paid less than men for the same job. He got roasted on that one, but not one single person could intelligently refute or disprove what he said....

good stuff

Mike in VA

Thanks, Morgan, great post. The hardcore liberals can't seem to accept the notion that life is not (and never will be) without risks, and there is nothing we mortals can do about that (which doesn't mean the fools woun't waste our money trying). My life's experiences have taugh me a few things worth remembering in this vein:

1. If you make a tool 'fool-proof', only a fool would use it.

2. Everytime I though I had made something 'fool-proof', they went and invented a better fool.

It's like the whiners that think that more gun laws are the solution to the 'gun problem'. The inherent flaw is that those who they would control pay no attention to laws, which is why we call them 'criminals'. I'll quit before I find myself preaching at the choir, but I did enjoy Mr. Sowell's column. Thx again, M2

[This message has been edited by Mike in VA (edited 01-13-99).]