For those with a LCP, what's your carry method?

Kreyzhorse

Just picked up a LCP yesterday and started looking at holsters last night. Can anyone recommend a good carry method? I looked and thought about buying a Desantis Nemisis pocket holster and would like an IWB holster as well. I'm thinking maybe the Bianchi Professional 100.

Any one have any experience, suggestions or other recommendations?

My normal carry is OWB using a Galco Fletch holster for either my snubnose, Glock or 1911. Would like to branch out with this one if possible.

Keltyke

As for pocket carry - I found there was room in my pocket for the gun, room in my pocket for my hand, but not room in my pocket for both. You might seriously consider IWB for this little beauty. Practice from different positions, and pick the one YOU like best. For me, it ended up being a Blade Tech paddle OWB for my larger Steyr S9.

Whatever holster you get, get a GOOD one.

nk35

Carry it back to the store

Since I found that this gun doesn't feed Cor-bon ammo well, if it were me I'd carry it back to the store and start over.

DennisD

I don't have the LCP but I do have the P3AT and since it is virtually the same gun I thought I'd add my thoughts. I use the P3AT when I can't/don't want to carry my usual carry pieces IWB. I have a Uncle Mikes Sidekick size 1 that I use in my strong hand front pocket. This only works if the pants are loose enough to get my hand in my pocket with the gun. I can draw using an "open hand" method. Leave your trigger finger pointed straight along the slide and don't close the rest of your fingers around the grip. Instead, keep them pointed straight and pinch the grip between them and your thumb. This will cause less drag removing your gun and hand from your pocket. Then when you clear your pocket your fingers will be in place to close around the grip. I can add that my P3AT has feed anything I put through including Cor-Bon HPs (my carry ammo)

jdavis6576

I carry mine in the Desantis Nemisis when the pocket in my pants is large enough to accomodate. I also have the Kel-Tec clip attached so that I can clip it IWB if my pocket won't hold it. Some people may tell you that the K-T belt clip won't work but that's not true. I just put a little Weapon-Shield on the pin and gently tapped it into place with a hammer. It doesn't get in the way when using the pocket holster but is always available. It's the best of both worlds.

MortalWombat

Since I found that this gun doesn't feed Cor-bon ammo well, if it were me I'd carry it back to the store and start over.
That may not be the fault of the gun, but of the ammo.

From here (second post):

This isn't the first time, however, that Cor-Bon ammunition hasn't worked in an otherwise-reliable gun. It's been awhile since I've bought any, but the company has a practice of seating the bullets out to permit higher velocities while keeping pressures within tolerable limits. Your chambering failures sound like they could have been due to overly-long cartridges.

kayakersteve

cor bons

Since I found that this gun doesn't feed Cor-bon ammo well, if it were me I'd carry it back to the store and start over

They dont call them the flying ash tray for nothing - They are the only round that doesn't reliably feed in my 1911 - Send the ammo back, not the gun.

BanditSRT8

it's a poCket holster... why would you want to carry it on the belt or IWB???

I use a Nemesis and it ROCKS.

kayakersteve: "Flying Ashtray" or "flying ashcan" refers to the Speer Gold Dot, not CorBon. It began with their 45 round in the 70's and later the 9mm caught this name as well.

Stone Cold

You need two holsters, both with a reinforced mouth. One, an IWB similar to the Milt Sparks VM2 or TT Gunleather clone. This is your carry holster. You'll forget you're wearing it and no one will guess. Then, you need an OWB holster for training, similar to the MS 55 BN. That's it.

roman3

ruger003.jpg
or in another pocket holster I got from cheaper than dirt, for the price its a good holster

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ZAA917-66092-2142.html

Also my LCP fed Corbon DPX with no trouble or issues. It has also fed everything else. Winchester WB and SXT, Fiocchi FMJ and HP, Speer Gold Dots, Remington golden sabers, PMC Bronze and Santa Barbara JSP.

I have not tried corbon PP yet.

BanditSRT8

I tried that the day I got mine because my holster didn't arrive until the day after.

The gun tilts around and can be difficult to retrieve. It also prints a nice outline screaming "HEY! I have a gun in my pocket!!".

I didn't like the Uncle Mike's (as pictured above) because it is not cutaway to allow you to get a solid grip on the gun when you draw it. The Nemesis is perfectly cutaway.

David the Gnome

I plan on ordering a "Hidden Ally" from High Noon Holsters ( http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Hidden_Ally/hidden_ally.html ) whenever my LCP gets here. I have a Desantis pocket holster as well, but I am not very comfortable with the gun shaped print it makes in my front pocket; I also had trouble with it tilting and the gun coming out of the holster in my pocket, not something I was particularly fond of. The LCP is so small that it should be extremely comfortable IWB and should leave no outward print, even tucked.

High Noon Holsters also has the above holster in a non-tuckable version for about $10 cheaper; I prefer having the option of tucking in my shirt if needed:
http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/_Mr_Softy/_mr_softy.html

They also have canted versions of both holsters if you prefer a cant.

bluehandgun

here is an LCP in an ace case pocket holster, works very well, it is durable, prints like a wallet and covers the trigger;
DSCN2096.jpg

if this looks good i have an extra one i will sell for $8 (includes shipping).

Kreyzhorse

I found an Uncle Mike's (size 2) today for $10. Works like a champ for ITP {Inside The Pocket}. The sticky outside grabs the inside of the pocket and with a quick "flick" of the wrist the gun is free and ready to rock!

nemesis

Any one have any experience, suggestions or other recommendations?

The choices are numerous.

Galco offers 3 different pocket holsters (one for guns with Crimson Trace laser), a belt holster (Stinger), an IWB tuckable (Ultimate Second Amendment) and an ankle holster (Ankle Lite). And to that you can add a pocket magazine carrier for an extra mag.