For those who got their CX4 40 S&W from Bud's Gunshop

BerettaBill

I have taken advantage of Bud's current deal online for the Beretta CX 4 40 S&W for $524.00. I have heard a couple people on this board say that they did the same. For those that did I was wondering if your CX 4 came with a top rail mount already on. I have one ordered and am wanting to put on a red dot scope and I need to know if I need to order a rail mount as well. Also did these models accept the 92 FS mags or the PX 4 mags? I guess I should have clarified these aspects before the purchase but I was a little over zealous because of the incredible price. It is hard to beat Bud's as far as deals go.

Last edited:

BerettaBill

I got my CX 4 on Saturday. It takes the 96 mags and does not come equipped with a top rail mount. I have a rail mount on order and should get it in on Wed. I am thinking about putting a Bushnell Trophy Red dot/ Green dot on it ($89.00). I still havent decided.

jrfoxx

Bushnell Trophy Red dot/ Green dot on it ($89.00). I still havent decided.
I have had one on my WASR for almost 4 years now an love it.No problems with glass or reticle clarity/sharpness, and no issues with loss of zero from bumping the scope (to include having the gun fall over a couple times---leaning a rifle against your car fender to cool probly not to bright (yes, it was unloaded, but still)), or from changing reticles.

MartyG

They come in so many variations that it is hard for Bud's to keep up, and their descriptions don't always tell. I wanted the 9mm in 92 mag style, but got it in PX4 mag style. (he called, was sorry, gave me a little off because of it.) However, mine came with the top rail, a side rail, a cleaning kit, 2 mags, and the hard case! - Nice!) Though available from Beretta (at least once) in both blue or black, there is no choice to be had any more. Mine came in black.

The prices are shooting up. On election day, I got mine for $713, before the wrong-order adjustment. Then they were all sold out. Now they get a few in, and sell out for $800, without top rail, etc.

Nevertheless, it is a great defense weapon. If you're toying with the idea, get one now while you can, if you can.