For those who can't decide

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
If you are buying a pistol but can not decide which one...
I humbly submit this option:
The FN Forty-Nine.
This pistol looks like the genetic splicing of the Glock, Berretta, Sig, and the Sigma.
It is both ugly and handsome.

It has clean lines and good styling.
I like the looks... Seems they took the best of the other pistols and mutated them all into one.

My question is this:
How does it actually feel and shoot?
I suspect it does rather well... FN does not make sucky guns. At least - I can't think of a bad FN.
Does anyone know a price range on these?

VictorLouis

I've seen these at the show for well under $400 with the stainless slide. I've yet to see one of the ones with the blackened slide, though that is supposedly an option. The trigger was probably closest to the Beretta DAO for feel, and length of pull, though not nearly as smooth and refined. The girth of the grip frame was also at the outer limits of comfort. Obviously, there are no standard capacity mags available for us mere serfs, which may be a factor for some.

Since the DAO Berettas were/are priced nearly equal with it, I did not buy one. Then again, if no one becomes a guinea pig, how will we ever know?:)

Richard

I Own a FN49 and It Doesn't Suit me

George Hill,this pistol has never jammed and it is accurate enough for a combat weapon. It is well made, light weight, and has good sights but it doesn't do a thing for me. I prefer a Glock 27, 23, Kahr 40, and I definitely prefer my Browning MKIII to all other 40 S&Ws. Regards, Richard.