???? For those who ankle carry.

Rembrandt

Question for those who ankle carry. How do you keep the rig from sliding down-vs-being so snug that it becomes uncomfortable?

From time to time I use an ankle holster, depending on the particular dress attire. The holster is a Blackhawk nylon unit that has elastic velcro straps. While it works well, over several hours it becomes uncomfortable. Almost to a point of tourniquet tight where the it leaves deep marks on the skin in order to prevent sliding down the leg. I do wear mid calf dress socks that help, (not pictured), and it still leaves marks.

Is this just a normal trade-off I will need to live with or is there another solution?

002_zps0repypgl.jpg

001_zpslybvf2z3.jpg

AK103K

A lot of it has to do with the right holster. It took me awhile to find one, and I went through a bunch, but once I did, the difference was like night and day.

For me, the Desantis "Leather Ankle Holster" was the one, and its been the most comfortable of the type Ive used. Second best is the Galco Ankle Glove. Both are a good design, have good padding, and are good for all/long day comfort, even without a support strap.

Ive also found that the type of shoes you wear can make a big difference as well. Those that are of a medium height, like a lot of the lightweight hiking type boots work great, as the bottom of the holster often rests on top edge of the shoe or along side of it, helping keep the holster from wanting to slide down.

David R

I did what HE ^^^ did.

Cut the strap, holster rests on shoe just a little.

David

I carry a smith 637 or LCP in different ankle holsters.

David

Rembrandt

If the calf strap isn't used, the holster sits too low for shoe to support (wingtip dress shoes). When sitting the pants ride up and expose the gun.

terzmo

mine just wraps around...secures with velcro...I wear my pants a bit long so there is no discovery

TimSr

I'm watching this with interest.

I sometimes carry a .38 snub. I end up with one of those really cheap rigs off ebay, with one wide elastic strap that velcros. I wear over long socks, and it pretty much works down to the shoe no matter how tight, so I've learned to relax the strap a bit for better comfort. It still gets annoying after a long time, though. I guess it's time to get a patent for concealed carry shoes with attached ankle holster.

David R

I have ankle carried for a lot of years. Its like wearing a watch. After a while, its just there. I wear longer pants.

Everybody is different.
David