For those new to revolvers-wee screws.

USNRet93

That's ME, new revolver..
Just got a really nice Beretta Stampede Marshall..made by Uberti..a 1873 Cattleman with Birds Head grips. Shot it yesterday(about 200rounds of 38 spec..about 10 of 357(son's)) and GREAT fun BUT...

The cylinder pin retaining 'assembly' fell out somewhere.:eek:

I discovered something..you need to make sure the wee screws are tight..maybe blue loctite them(as I did after I came home).

Luckily Taylor has these wee parts and I already ordered them(pro-owned gun).
All my semi autos don't really have 'screws(maybe one for the front sight)..

So any y'all got a new revolver, and never had one before..check them screws!!

Bob Wright

USNRet93,

As a long time shooter of Single Actions, I am fully aware of the screws and associated problems. Learned to handle that situation many, many years ago.

But it is those very same screws that make the Single Action revolver what it is. What other fire arm can one strip down to its barest bare and replace with parts from another gun? Change out grips? Easily done with only a screwdriver. Go from Single Action to Bisley grip style? Usually only a screw driver. O.K. so with the Ruger maybe an Allen wrench is required.

And all the parts will fit into a small cigar box should you have to resort to your gunsmith for reassembly. Single Actions just give you so much pleasure/consternation without firing a shot!

Bob Wright

USNRet93

And all the parts will fit into a small cigar box should you have to resort to your gunsmith for reassembly. Single Actions just give you so much pleasure/consternation without firing a shot!

Certainly agree with that. I wanted a unique 'range toy', and this is exactly what I wanted. My son(40yo) poo-poos the old design, single action, smooth grips, gated rather than flip out cylinder but those things are what I really like about it. GREAT shooter..I could have gotten any 'modern' DA/SA revolvers but wanted unique..got unique.

44 AMP

Staff
What other fire arm can one strip down to its barest bare and replace with parts from another gun?

Without fitting?? GI spec 1911A1. been there, done that...:D

and several my SA's have barrels too long to fit in a cigarbox. ;)

If you spend time with revolvers they will eventually teach you what we all know or should, that you check ALL the screws for tightness, periodically, (before each shooting session is a good idea) because that's just how revolvers are.

DA or SA, check them all. The correct locktite, properly applied, doesn't hurt, but the wrong one can be a real pain in the butt.

ThomasT

Gotta love Blue Loctite. Lever actions are bad about getting loose screws too. Its always a good idea to check the screws when cleaning your gun. Any screw I find that loosened during firing gets the loctite treatment.

44 AMP

Staff
Pretty sure there's been millions of S&W revolvers that left the factory with their own screwdrivers, too....

44 AMP said:
Without fitting?? GI spec 1911A1. been there, done that...

and several my SA's have barrels too long to fit in a cigarbox.
Not only that, with a SAA you can't remove the barrel from the receiver without a vise, a block, a lever, and a gorilla.

MUCH easier with a 1911 ...