for those interested in ruger #1's

mdd

I found a pawn shop gem today. I found a ruger #1 243 with an older style redfield 2-7 wideview scope. Bluing is 95%+ with only a bit of discoloration near the muzzle. The wood has nice grain & is like new. The rifling looks good & the crown is perfect. The price was $629. I'm not interested in this style of gun but I know many of you are & the price seems good. If you are interested I'd be happy to let you know where it is.
For anyone concerned, I have no affiliation with this shop or this gun & get nothing out of this. It's just a nice ruger & I wanted to pass the word along to help out another firing line member who may be looking for this.

mdd

Firm. He was actually going to raise the price so don't let him jerk you around. $629 was the price. I'll pm you the info in a bit.

bamaranger

article

I just read somewhere that the early No. 1's, though subject to a bad barrel now and then as were all the contracted early Rugers, were essentially of VERY high quality and were likened to "custom rifles" right out of the box.

I've always wanted one.