For Those Awaiting to Get Your Mitts on a SA-35

I received an email from The Armory Life on their SA-35 review. Author shot 450 rounds through it with a plethora of different ammo.

I'm still skeptical it will be in my stable. Hi-Power platforms just don't work for me. One gripe he had was the sharp edges while handling it. That's one of my gripes, as well. The overall accuracy, though, was impressive.

Being an admitted Springfield fan, I'm kinda bummed one of these will likely not be in my stable. If I see one come in to my LGS, I'm sure to at least handle one in hopes I'm wrong.

https://www.thearmorylife.com/sa-35...c9w&utm_content=204983609&utm_source=hs_email

RickB

I already have a HP, so I'm interested in the SA-35 only as an observer, but it has been pretty interesting.
I've read a lot about price gouging, with some retailers asking almost double MSRP, but my LGS has them in stock for $699.
The guy I know at the store, reacted, "Wow, I know, expensive", and I replied, "No, they're over $1000, some places".

Sharkbite

I bought one at dealer cost when we got one in. After a cpl range sessions, i needed to take off the sharp edges around the bottom of the trigger guard and the bottom of the tang. Ive had to do that with every Springfield pistol ive ever owned. No big deal. Detail strip it and get busy with emery paper. Once i had the edges how i wanted em…i had it Cerecote’d. Gray with the black slide. Works for me.

rodfac

I bought one at dealer cost when we got one in. After a cpl range sessions, i needed to take off the sharp edges around the bottom of the trigger guard and the bottom of the tang. Ive had to do that with every Springfield pistol ive ever owned. No big deal. Detail strip it and get busy with emery paper. Once i had the edges how i wanted em…i had it Cerecote’d. Gray with the black slide. Works for me.
Good grief...every one? I'm interested in their version of the Hi Power, but not if I've got to refinish the gun...Rod

Sharkbite

Good grief...every one?

Yep, 3 1911’s and this “Hi-power”. I just expect any steel pistol made by Springfield to need dehorning. Back in my heavy teaching days, ive seen hundreds of Springfields in taped up hands….just the way they make em.

44 AMP

Staff
I have handled an SA-35 box stock, brand new, and did not notice the "sharp edges" you speak of.

Have not shot one, yet, but don't expect any issues.

fauxpa46

"I bought one at dealer cost when we got one in. After a cpl range sessions, i needed to take off the sharp edges around the bottom of the trigger guard and the bottom of the tang. Ive had to do that with every Springfield pistol ive ever owned. No big deal. Detail strip it and get busy with emery paper. Once i had the edges how i wanted em…i had it Cerecote’d. Gray with the black slide. Works for me."

With a company as reputable as Springfield, you should not have to do that.

44 AMP

Staff
With a company as reputable as Springfield, you should not have to do that.

I agree, you shouldn't have to do that....

on the other hand, this brings to mind the question, if you have the same problem with every Springfield pistol, perhaps the problem isn't every Springfield pistol ..... :rolleyes:

Rob228

Had an issued pistol built on a Springfield frame, the grip safety was very poorly blended into the frame (this was on the folks at Quantico that built the pistol not Springfield) and it ate my hand up badly.

I've got a Springfield operator that has no sharp edges and is nothing but pleasant to shoot. Got to say I don't think its a Springfield issue but that is only from a sample group of 2.

Pahoo

Eventually, I will own one !!

I've read a lot about price gouging, with some retailers asking almost double MSRP, but my LGS has them in stock for $699.
Basically, I really do not have a need for this one; so perhaps I'm just buying "in-Heat". I have a few inquiries out and have been getting mailings from them. The asking price, is coming down but still not what I'm confortable with. Some big buyers, must be getting these but not in this neck of the woods. Personally, I would be happy to pay the MSRP of $699. ....... :rolleyes:

Be Safe !!!

fauxpa46

I'm sick and tired of waiting. I ordered an EAA Girsan MC P35 and will deal with its misgivings. At least I'll have a fairly decent clone I can play with and modify to my desire, and it didn't cost me $1200.