For the S&W .44 Special Fans out there. The model of 1950

Hammer It

Hello
Here is one you do not see often. This model of 1950 .44 Special revolver shipped in January 1951 Just Four Months after it's model was released. I Purchased it from a friend that has a vast S&W Target sighted revolver collection and he had Two of these. I Bought this one because it is a special order High Polished blued gun in full Target form. It came with it's original Box which was a left over model of 1926 Box S&W Placed the New model of 1950 sticker on, a Knurled sight adjuster, and a factory letter stating it was shipped to H.D. Folsom Arm's. In New York City January 1951 and is early enough in the series that it has the Larger Mushroom style cylinder extractor Knob on it..It was later named the model 24 in 1957 and only 5,050 of them were made from 1950-1967 time span. Regards, Hammer It

Pre-24_6.jpg

DSCF0111.JPG

DSCF01121.JPG

Pre-24_7.jpg

Pre-24_Right_Side_Great_view.jpg

Target_Of_1950_Great_right_view_3.jpg

Hammer It

That's a beauty. I would love to just get my hands on the grips it has on it.

Hello Playboypenguin
The grips shown on it did not come with it.:) This Gun came shipped with magnas as 1951 was Too Early for Target stocks, they came out in 1952 or so. The first Coke Profile Target stocks did not have the Oval reliefs either, but these came to me from a Guy In Ohio Two weeks ago for $310.00 shipped and I felt this model of 1950 deserved a Good set of target Stocks on it so the originals are squirrled away... ;) Hammer It

HiBC

Wow,thats even older than I am,and I ain't near as pretty!!
Quite a treasure! And a fine cartridge.

357 Plato

HammerIt you make me lust for more S&Ws. Please stop posting pics of your beautyfull revos. Start sending some of them my way :D

Old lady but very good looking. Congrats on a very nice find.

Shooter or safequeen BTW?

357 Plato

Hammer It

Shooter or safequeen BTW?

Hello Plato
Shot, But Dang Little. I can't tell if it has been shot more than it's factory firing. If it has, it shows no evidence of it, But it will soon be fired by me I know that much.. No safe queens in my safe...:D Hammer It

Auto426

That is one beautiful gun.

Seeing it makes me contemplate buying a new Classic series 24. I know I would like to get one of the new classic series N frames, just haven't decided on the caliber. I can rule out .44 MAG, because I just got a new 629.

I think .44 special is a great cartridge. If I ever do take up handloading, which I may do in a couple of years, I think .44 special would be one of the first cartridges I would load up for.

nate45

Absolutely beautiful, you have done it again Hammer It, another great S&W find.:) That original gold box is awesome too.:cool:

I really want a Model 1950 .44 with the 4 inch barrel, maybe some day...

Hammer It

I don't like safe queens either, BUT, I would have a hard time shooting that honey.
Beautiful!!!!!!!

Hello Doublesforme
Nah, It's Easy.. You Just Load up some Moderate Loads and have at it. D.B. Wesson designed his Guns to be enjoyed not Fondled or placed in a Cold dark gun safe to never see the Light of Day...:D Hammer It

GeorgeF

GORGEOUS! Does anyone even come close to making pistols that have that beautiful blue luster of the old guns?

And great choice on those stocks, they really make that pistol shine.

Ozzieman

Being a big 44 SP fan, (I have 5 N frames in special) that is one gun that I have been looking for,,,,
And you found it, to say the least I am VERY envious of you.
I would like to ask one question,,,,, $$$$$$$ how much?
By far that is the Marilyn Monroe of the N frame smiths.
I am glad you’re going to fire it, she deserves to be.

Hammer It

I would like to ask one question,,,,, $$$$$$$ how much?
:rolleyes:

Ozzie
Sorry man, That will remain Private as a Dear friend and serious collector sold it to me. I will tell you about a Third of what they are going for currently, You do the Math, I am In it real right and it aint for sale Nor Trade, they are just not out there Often in this condition any more...;) Hammer It

Ozzieman

I totaly understand,,,,,
But you better buy him a BUNCH of beer's:D

My guess is that the box alone is worth a couple of Hi-points

Hammer It

Ozzie
The Friend of mine that had this had in excess of 200 Target sighted diferent models of S&W revolver's from the very early ones right up to around the cut off of the Five screw models. He had Two of these, so decided to sell this one off to me. The Box shown is Original to the revolver and is an early one that was a left over model of 1926 Box with the New model of 1950 sticker attached to it. I have never seen another box for a model of 1950 with this sticker as this one shipped Just Four Months after The Birth of this Model. It is a transition Piece as well, which makes it even harder to find...;) Hammer It