71.3 KB · Views: 408
  • Guns, Family, & Animals 408_640x480.jpg
    Guns, Family, & Animals 408_640x480.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 250

VonFireball

It was recently traded into our shop, and
immediately found its way into my possession for the mere price
of $200 + 9% sales tax~! enjoy

Nine percent sales tax? Sounds like Davidson county, TN.

22-rimfire

It helps to work there. :) You have first dibbs on everything! Looks like the one I paid $400 for.

I believe Davidson County TN sales tax is more like 9.5%. But you know there is no income tax in TN.

Sales tax makes life simple. I wish the USA would give the Fair Tax a try. Then everyone could gripe, but you could fill out your income tax forms in about 20 minutes. Tax would be right out there where you could see it. No substantial deductions. If you spend money, you pay tax. Simple.

KyJim

Nine percent sales tax? Sounds like Davidson county, TN.
If I recall correctly, however, there's no income tax. :)

Ala Dan,

Great deal on a great gun. Too bad, it went to a Vol fan. :D

Harry Callahan

I believe Davidson County TN sales tax is more like 9.5%. But you know there is no income tax in TN.
Could be worse, like here in Crook County where the sales tax ranges from 10% al the way up to 11.25% in the city:mad:

Jeff #111

Ala Dan is always sucking up the best revolvers. He revels in taunting us over on THR with his recent finds. I'm envious actually, but now and again I've lucked out with a great find as well. Congrats.

Last edited:
This 19-5 looks about like my 27-2 I got it when my grandfather passed. Don't know much about it, other than I love the way it shoots. I don't think you'll loose money on that one. I do think you should feel bad about bending that person over that you got it from. What shop do you work at, I'll never trade or sell to you guys, I don't like to get bent over. What a deal you've gotten!

vytoland

Could be worse, like here in Crook County

also the income tax, gasoline tax, real estate tax, telephone tax, booze tax, cigarette tax, toll way tax.

starting in 2009 there will be a tax if you wear clean underwear, breath air, walk on the sidewalk, forget to bow your head in the presents of any politician, use your eye sight or take a dump.:eek:

BillCA

Dan,

Nice catch. I went into my local dealer's and found an interesting specimen. This is a 1980 6" Model 19-4 with a round butt grip. I suspect that it was originally a 2.5" and someone changed the barrel.

M19M_1357.jpg

NGIB

I think I made a good deal this week. Picked up a pair of 625-3s, one is 3 inch and the other 5 inch. Both are .45 ACP guns and I got about 100 moonclips and clip tools and nice leather with them...

IMG_625-3X.jpg

IMG_625-5X.jpg

publius

Boo-hoo, waaaa... reminds me of the one I left under a tree back in my 'drankin days.:( Served me right for acting like a fool.