For my W German Sig Lovers..... Wiedners has P228s for $465+ shipping!!!!

WVsig

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100000449&dir=700|1012|1026

I would take Wiedners pic with a grain of salt. I assume this is the best of what they have. Still a W. German P228 under $500 is a solid deal in todays market.

SIGP228%20002.JPG

Buy early buy often!!!!

Boatme98

Dang! I'd be on those like ugly on an ape if I weren't on temp. disability! My salary is about 1/2 of what it usually is. No gun money for me for a while.:(

Sparks1957

Just bought a gun safe, otherwise I might consider one of those... not a bad deal if they're in decent shape. Have to build my 'gun fund' back up for awhile.

MidwestRookie

Imported used Sig P228 9mm pistol with one13rnd magazine

The pistol are in great shape and show normal holster wear on the bluing of the gun. These guns are used military/police. They have been fired, but not very much. Excellent functional condition.

hogwiley

I always kind of regretted selling my sig p228 since they dont make em any more and I cleaned and maintained the gun religiously so it was like new.

I recently saw a bunch of new p228s on gunbroker for sale, and was gonna put in a bid until I saw the price had jumped up to over 1200 with several days to go. No way im gonna buy a plain 228 for the price of a high end production 1911. Especially when I can get a p229 with the improved grip, better trigger, higher mag capacity, and night sights for 800. Still, Ill always have a soft spot for the p228, being my first handgun.

hogwiley

A used police sig for under 500, you can bet these sigs are going to look really beat up. One thing about sigs is their finish absolutely sucks, and moderate holster wear and duty use can make the gun look like it went through world war 1 and 2.

Pilot

Is there an E German p228s?

No, but many of the P228's (including mine) were made pre-unification, so W. Germany was the country of origin. There was no "Germany" at the time, it was either East or West.

WVsig

A used police sig for under 500, you can bet these sigs are going to look really beat up. One thing about sigs is their finish absolutely sucks, and moderate holster wear and duty use can make the gun look like it went through world war 1 and 2.

Have you bought many used Sigs? I have...

Paid less than $500 for this one. Zurich police trade in.

p228-4.jpg

p228-5.jpg

p228-6.jpg

p228-barrel.jpg

P228-3.jpg

Also there is nothing wrong with some honest finish wear on a working pistol. IMHO

PS I know where there are $339 Swiss Sig P225s .... :eek:

Last edited:

golfnutrlv

Holster wear is not an issue IMO.

I buy guns to shoot them, not to show them off to the neighbors. I respect that there are a lot of collectors who do want perfect items. I'm just not one of them.

Yet...:D

RC20

If I was collecting I would get one.

If I could shoot iron sights decently I would get one

If I was just into shooting them and did not like the finish I would get one and send it into Sig (and GASP) have them refinish it.

JHansenAK47

If it's in good shape go for it. My P228 has been a great shooter holster wear and all. Just make sure you get one in the best mechanical condition you can find. When I bought mine the ones I looked at were in good shape except for one that you could just tell from handling it, had been shot a lot.