For my fellow Steyr fans......

TBM900

5528-F81-E-4-B0-A-4041-AC1-A-B48802-DCFE10-jpeg-815061.jpg

sparkyv

CZ P-10 copy? Trigger guard looks a bit small. I'd like to try one out, but not until I knew what the are asking for it. .:eek:

ttarp

Looks like a Steyr to me, maybe I'm missing something? I'm glad I resisted the temptation to buy an L last year.

TBM900

Does the page on the right have any specs that you can share?
Same as a standard L9-A1

-Slide, barrel, internal components, etc, are all the same as previous

Changes
-The internal frame is now the serialized component (IMO the only real improvement)

-Slightly extended 'beaver tail' (head-scratcher as its already the softest recoiling 9mm)

-Angled magwell (I never had an issue, never knew anyone who had an issue)

-Agressive texturing (that it truly doesn't need)

-Slots on entire rail to accommodate 'micro-lights' (another head-scratcher)

-Random cuts/patterns on grip frame (eyeroll)

-Interchangeable panels/backstrap (>99% of the time folks use the standard)

I think this was all done just to try and 'stand out', a marketing strategy. I certainly hope it works out for them but IMO they would have been much better off leaving it alone and simply increasing their presence.

IME Steyrs sell themselves.....when people get one in their hands to try out.

I've seen it time and again, the first mag they look surprised, after the second they start grinning like an idiot, and after the third they are wanting one. I've seen it happen with owners of Glocks, Smiths, Beretta, Sigs, FN's, etc, etc, etc. If Steyr just got them into the stores and made them available for range testing, I think they would be kicking butt in the market.

The change to serializing the internal frame was smart, if they continue to offer the original style grip frame that will help, but the rest is just fluff. Heck just offering a factory milled MRDS slide would have been better than this, supposedly it is coming, but they should have started with that.

TBM900

CZ P-10 copy? Trigger guard looks a bit small. I'd like to try one out, but not until I knew what the are asking for it. .:eek:
Hardly a copy of anything as it's essentially the same nearly two decade old design but some tweaks.
In reality many others have taken from the Steyr design (see Sig lawsuit)
Supposedly pricing will be the same as current fleet.