For my dad

TNT

I got thinking of what to give my dad for his birthday and i think I got it figured out he liked the feel of my Henry so I got thinking. Buy him one and have some engraving work done on it have the Marine eagle globe and anchor on one side engraves and have U.S.M.C. on a banner on the other side and then have his initials engraved as well (which spells D.A.D) just a thought that I would pass by some of you guys here. What do you think?

skeeter1

TNT--

Jeebers, I wish I had a son like you. That's a great idea, and I'm sure that Henry will be passed down for generations in your family. Bully good idea!

TNT

I talked it over with wifey and she likes the idea my dad had done so much for us and it would be our return of a small token of our appreciation for everything he has done for us. But I will post pics and keep you all posted on its progress.

Johnny Guest

Moderator in Memoriam
Outstanding Idea!

Appears the ol' man did a great job of raising a dedicated and apreciative son. And the personalization you envision sonds perfect.

My own Elder Son stunned me with his gift to me on my 60th birthday - - I'd been shopping around with the idea of picking up a standard Marlin 1895 in .45-70. cutting it down a bit and installing aperture sights. Well, he went me one --or three-- better. He searched around and found a brand new Guide Gun, with short barrel, in stainless steel. Just about left me speechless! I've taken it hunting several times, but, unfortunately, have never blooded it. It WILL happen, though.

Best to you both
Johnny