FOBUS Holsters (Roto and the like)

n3twrkm4n

I got my new XD 40 the other day and am looking for a holster... =) I like the Galco leather ones but they are back ordered until late august. I was looking at the FOBUS ones but was concerned about 'wear' and how they held up. I'm not a fan of plastic or whatever and prefer leather but am having a hard time finding one for the XD 5"....

If anyone has ideas it would help, So far I've seen offerings from only Bianchi and Galco in the leather department. I don't want to spend over $80, I would prefer a hip rig whether IWB or OWB... I am a good size guy and conceal either way.

Buzzard

I have a firestorm .45 and I carry it in a fobus holster, I too am a big guy, 6 ft 2 and close to 400 lbs, it works great for me........I feel it is one of the best holsters I have bought in a long long time.
just my opinion

n3twrkm4n

I like the idea of the Fobus one for summer carry cause leather of course will 'stick' more than a hybrid plastic type material would... it being so cheap I'm almost willing to buy that one and then get a better and nicer leather one for winter carry. ;)

I can hide things well on my 220 LB 6' 1" body... I've carried my other Sterling .380 before and it never prints in any contortion which is good... so I'm tempted to try to conceal the 5" tactical, I try around the house first to see if neighbors and friends notice when they are over. Always good to 'test' the waters first :D