FNS-9?

Cyanide971

FNS-9... Anybody here own one or have personal experience with it?

Messed around with several of them yesterday and came away really impressed. I will definitely be adding one to the collection in the future, and possibly the compact model as well.

Really digging the balance, ergonomics, drop-free mags, and 100% ambidextrous. Price point doesn't seem bad either (depending on where you look), especially considering it comes with 3 mags and in my opinion, has an awesome trigger straight out of the box; dare I say better than the Steyr and PPQ!

What say you?

04a79296098a0eae364e719cb9453d05.jpg

I was sorely tempted when Palmetto State Armory had them on sale for $370, but couldn't justify purchasing another 9mm. I already bought two guns in the last six months; another one just seems like hoarding.

They've still got .40's in stock, if anyone's interested.

Bart Noir

I have both sizes and find them to be fine guns, very accurate. However, I would not say that the trigger is better than the PPQ. In fact, I believe I will sell the FNS-9 full-size and keep the PPQ. So I vote with my feet, errr, with my range bag.

I am also very satisfied with how soft shooting the FNS-9C is. That pistol just is not recoiling much at all, even with 147 grain bullets. Now I have to go fire some +P rounds for the fun of it.

I can live with or without the thumb safety. It works fine and may be just the ticket for acceptance by police or military units who like having a safety. US Joint Sidearm of Someday program, are you listening?

Bart Noir

TunnelRat

I can live with or without the thumb safety. US Joint Sidearm of Someday program, are you listening?

It carried over from the FNX series and before that the FNP-45 which was part of the joint combat pistol program.

Last edited:

jasmith85

I came very close to buying an FNS 40 a couple months ago. I had a new one on gunbroker that I was watching, but forgot about it. I checked a few hours after the auction ended and it had sold for $294 new. I haven't been able to bring myself to buy one since then knowing the deal I missed.

Cyanide971

The one I had my eyes on originally was a police FNS-9 with three mags, N.S., and no manual safety for $375 but missed out on it (GB auction).

Cyanide971

I have both sizes and find them to be fine guns, very accurate. However, I would not say that the trigger is better than the PPQ. In fact, I believe I will sell the FNS-9 full-size and keep the PPQ. So I vote with my feet, errr, with my range bag.
[emoji106]

The various ones I handled felt great, and to me, like a combo of the best features of both my old Steyr and PPQ triggers; a very smooth pull, crisp break, and very pronounced reset.

Bart Noir

Oh yeah, I was not saying that the FNS-9 has a poor trigger. I think it is a fine one and I will be keeping the Compact gun. Easy to shoot and accurate.

Bart Noir

Cyanide971

In addition to the aforementioned FNS-9, I scored what I think was a decent price on a used FNP-9 DAO earlier, putting it on layaway ($349.99 w/free shipping from Cope's Distributing in Ohio). [emoji16]

1ab0301ddb01e264b536bd4abca8c6e5.jpg

Dirty_Harry

Can't say enough good about this pistol. It's cheaper than a glock new, has better ergos and is reliable through the 1500 rounds I hav run in it. It is the most underrated striker pistol out there.