FNP-9

BigMike

New pistol from FN USA. I also saw the DA version of the Hi Power. Does anyone have one yet? Price? Do they take Hi Power mags? Thanks, Mike

fn_hg_p9.jpg

mvdemarco

I have the DA Hi Power. I've only had it for a few weeks, but it is a very nice pistol! I've put two hundred rounds through it so far and it is very accurate and 100% reliable. It does not take standard Hi Power mags though.

MIke

BrokenArrow

The FNP looks like they took the FN Forty-Nine, chopped it, put a hammer (instead of striker) fired system on it, changed the accessory rail style. Bet there is a lot of commonality of parts. Maybe the FNP will sell better than the other is/did?

Sounds very similar to Browning's new polymer pistol, the Pro-9; wonder if there is any relationship?

The DA HP has been around for yrs outside the USA, even the compact model. Seems like an excellent gun, just the service gun market seems to want polymer framed, striker fired guns most?

Zundfolge

If they improve the triger over the Fourty-ninE then they may have something here.

I still think FN should start building guns for civilian purchase (9mm and .40S&W or even a .22) on their Five-seveN frames. They would sell a ton of them if they did.

BigMike

The .40 FortyNine I held and dryfired was long and smooth. It had a nice balance and I liked the way if fit in my hand. Was looking for a 9mm at the time. I tried emailing FN (twice) for more information that what was on their website but no one responded to me. Not a good sign. :rolleyes:

I like the looks of the FNP-9. Mike