FNP-45 safety change

eviltravis

I have a new fnp-45 that is equiped with a decocker only. Is it possible to change it to have the cocked and locked feature? I have seen that some models have this option. Any information would be appreciated.

farmer-dave

I'll give you a bump, because I often wondered the same thing. Mine also has the decocker, and I wish I had the other version.

eviltravis

The FNP-45 was returned to the retailer. It wouldn't feed any kind of ammo I tried and after 150 rounds of fighting the thing I took it back and had my money returned. The rounds would jam half way into the chamber at about a 45 degree angle, leaving the slide out of battery. This was over all a pretty disapointing purchase.

xanth

Realize I'm brining up a 6 month old post, but I'm going to pick up one of these FNP's...

Anyone else have any problems like this with theirs? From research, these things seem pretty reliable, but just wondering...

farmer-dave

I haven't shot mine alot, probably around 200 rounds but mine hasn't had any problems. I've heard some had problems with winchester ammo. I generally shoot federal so I haven't really shot much wwb through my gun.

Hutch11

I purchased a FNP 45 Tactical, same gun but has the trijicon Night Sites, longer 5.3" barrel, and have been extremely impressed. It does not recoil as much as other full size 45's I have shot in the past, and was much more accurate than I thought. I shot everything from 230 grain ball to JHP, to hot CorBon 200 grain hollowpoints.

I ordered a Trijicon RMR 9 moa dual illumination amber dot for the top. I am a FN fan, but am glad I purchased it over the HK 45, and yes I am an HK fan too.