FNP .45 in Dark Earth Color?

Smoke Screen

Does anyone know if they're going to release the FNP .45 USG (which is the bi-tone version with the "Dark Flat Earth" frame) in addition to the Stainless and Melonite finishes they already have? I like it the best but don't know if I should hold out for it or not....:confused:

fnp45.png

Smoke Screen

Yeah, I actually got the picture off of their website. But what I was wondering was......is the above pictured bi-tone of Melonite/Dark Flat Earth available yet? I've looked all over hells half acre looking for one but they're not to be found. Buds, Gunbroker, LGS, you name it....sooooo

Has anyone actually seen a Dark Flat Earth FNP .45? ;)

scorpion_tyr

I see it's "available" as you say on the FN site. I could have sworn I saw one for sell online somewhere, but I can't find any. I'm sure they'll be available soon. More and more gun magazines are doing reviews on the FNP-45, combine that with the recent election and I imagine they'll start popping up in more and more places.

mbott

Don't hold your breath. FNH has had the FNP 45, matte black with night sights on their web site for some time now. There price lists used to say that they would be available "2nd quarter of 2008". It, and three others are still listed on their web site.

Guess what's not even listed in the 2009 price list.

--
Mike

ƒORTE

I would love an all black FNP.45 USG. What's the deal, where are they?

FYI...the USG is denoted by forward serrations and a mod to the safety. NOT just a bitone model.

mbott

I wish I knew what the deal was. Doesn't even need the forward serrations. I'd just be happy with night sights and the matte finish.

FNM0061mb.png

--
Mike

Smoke Screen

Yeahhh...I guess I never noticed that before... Thanks for the observation fORTE...But exactly what type of modification is on the safety of the USG model? They better come out soon, before Springfield releases the XDM in .45 anyway! ;)

ƒORTE

I've read about it once before and can't seem to remember. I believe the main feature of the USG is the ability to carry cocked n locked/decocker.