FNH FNX9

Mosin44az

Not an owner, but have read alot about them and repeatedly rented the FNX 40. Should be pretty good. Accurate, good DA trigger, good safety system with the frame-mounted safety/decocker allowing cocked and locked carry if you want.

Fishbed77

I almost bought one about 1 1/2 years ago, but got a Walther P99 instead and never looked back. At the $400 or so that FNP-9s used to go for, this was a raging bargain, but at the almost $600 the FNX-9 commands, there is a market crowded with great guns.

That said, I still think this is a very nice pistol - made in the USA with excellent customer service - it's just that the Walther felt (and looked) so much nicer in hand.

Mrgunsngear

I'm sure Michaweeks will jump in here as well but I'm a huge fan of the FNP/X line. I have 4 of them :D and all have been extremely reliable, great DA/SA triggers, and the FNX is an absolute tack driver. In SA, it's easily accurate enough (with the crisp trigger and good ergos) for competition.

The only bad thing I can say (and it's not much...) is one of the 4 guns I got had a bad mag but one call to FN fixed it. I had a replacement mag in a week. That said, they all come with 3 mags which is another nice feature.

Micahweeks

Yup! I can't pass up an opportunity to praise this gun. It is simply an incredible value. The gun shoots better and better as time goes on. The trigger is excellent. You have multiple carry options with the safety/decocker. If FN made a BUG sized version that used the same mags as the FNX, I can promise you it would be on my duty belt. My personal hang up about my backup using the same ammo and mags as my primary is the only thing that keeps it from going on duty with me. Off duty, though, it is my go to gun competing only with the USP9.

RC20

I did not buy one, but I handled it extensively and dry fired it quite a bit as I was interested in how it compared to my Sig SP2022 (and always looking for another gun).

I did not care for the feel of it which was a surprise as I expected the FN to be pretty good. Maybe just too light. Maybe just me as I like a bit of heft to a gun.

Trigger was decent but not as good as the Sig or the HK (granted the HK is a lot more).

So, a decent gun , lot of controls options the Sig does not have. On the other hand I settled in on being good with DA/SA with no safeties as my revolver background had me more than comfortable with that.

I like the made in the USA part. Definitely better than any of the strikers I tried, not as good as the Sig or HK in my taste but I could see it suiting someone else.

I would recommend trying it and if you like it then buy it. I prefered the Sig but can see this on right up there in the running and the price was what I expect to pay for the Sig (happily the Sig was even less which is a treat for a change).

Mrgunsngear

It's funny how what makes a good trigger varies from person to person. To me, the FNs triggers are much better than the standard Sig trigger (not the SRT---that is nice:D) I guess you just need to fondle one first and see how you feel about it...
IMAG0355.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

mail-3-2.jpg

Last edited: