FN SLP Mark 1

bluedog

Can anyone recommend the best to purchase a FN tactical shotgun....l like the SLP Mark 1, I think......does this model have the adjustable stock shims like the Win version? Thanks!

LanceOregon

Can anyone recommend the best to purchase a FN tactical shotgun....l like the SLP Mark 1, I think......does this model have the adjustable stock shims like the Win version? Thanks!

Yes, I also chose the SLP Mark 1, and really enjoy this shotgun. It has been 100% reliable, as long as I have the appropriate gas piston installed. With the tactical rail, it is very easy to add an electronic red dot sight to the gun too. That is what I did with mine. The only other addition that I have made is an extended stainless choke tube.

My gun came with two choke tubes ( cylinder and improved cylinder ), and the two different gas pistons. But I did not get the adjustable shims with it. Nothing in the manual mentioned them either.

However, I believe that the shotgun is fully compatible with the adjustable shims that have been made for recent Winchester SX2 and Browning Gold shotguns. So if you really want this feature, contact customer service at either of those companies. I'm sure that the parts must be available for order.

I own a Glock 17 for home protection. My SLP is only my emergency backup that I have hidden in a closet, in case brain eating zombies are ever on the loose in my neighborhood.

SHOT1.jpg