FN Police Special .308

bullseye

Saw one of these today at my local gun store for $789. Looked like a good alternative to a Rem. 700 PSS (which are hard to find). The rifle has a detachable mag., black composite stock with two eyes to set up both a sling and a tripod, heavy black matte barrel and appeared to be well made. Anyone have any experience or thoughts on this rifle.

jimc

who is the mfg of it? go to www.fnfal.com and you will find out lots of info on them. oh yeah you may have to click on the "new forums site" to go to the ubb style site. for that price i highly doubt it is a dsa one. so ask then go back and give the gun a good looking over. and since i own a few fn's i can say that they are nice shooters and yes 1moa or less depending on ammo selection but they will not put all 20 in a nice tight group like a bolt action will

Al Thompson

Staff Alumnus
I've seen one - they are made here in Columbia (SC) and the guys at the factory think it should shoot. (workers not managers)

IIRC the action is a M70 push feed, not sure who does the stock.

Some risk in getting it - FN just does not have the history of the Remingtons. Aftermarket parts are not as numerous either.

Giz

Alfadog

Here is a link to FN's site with more info on this rifle: http://www.fnmfg.com/lawenf/rifle/riflemain.htm. Looks like a sniper/ sharpshooter/ "tactical" version of the Winchester M70 Classic (FN Herstal owns USRAC, the company that manufactures Winchester rifles and shotguns). Seems like one heck of a nice gun. Doesn't appear that FN is distributing them for civilian sales, so it might have some collectible value some day.

------------------
Alfadog
NRA Life Member

"DO NOT TAKE COUNSEL OF YOUR FEARS."
--G. S. Patton, Jr., Lt. Gen., USA, 6 March 1944

[This message has been edited by Alfadog (edited August 05, 2000).]