FN Optics Killers

'88Scrat

I know this subject has been beat to death (pun intended) but wanted to see if FN coming out with the new NRCH variation of the SCAR 16s and 17s has made any difference.

I have a 16s and a 17s I picked up last year that I have yet to put any kind of optic on because the internet has informed me that anything I put on 'em will be pummeled (or harmonically imbalanced depending on who you ask) to death. Yes, I know, internet anxiety might be playing a role here.

I was planning on putting Eotech sights on both of them originally but held off. Then I thought about a Trijicon 3.5x ACOG but put it on my AUG instead.

Maybe I just keep the irons...

If there is one benefit to all of this it's that I can now print a pretty respectable group with the iron sights out to 100 yards. SCAR iron sights are actually pretty good IMO.

Or maybe I put Eotechs on 'em and whatever happens, happens.

Thoughts?

rickyrick

I recently acquired a Vortex holographic sight, supposed to have a lifetime no questions asked warranty. I really like it.
It is USA manufactured although the holographic laser unit is sourced from the UK

44 AMP

Staff
If you read it on the Internet, it must be true, right??? :rolleyes::eek:

You might contact the maker of the sight you are interested in and ask them if their product will "stand up" to your rifle's "pounding". Find out what they say and what their warranty will cover in your case, should you mount one, and have it fail...

Around 20 years ago, I put a "cheap" ($35) red dot sight on a .45-70 Contender barrel. I didn't expect it to last long, but to date it has survived several hundred rounds and still functions flawlessly. Reality is, just because keyboard commandos claim something, doesn't mean it's so.

Sometimes it is, some times its just BS.