FN Model 70

ligonierbill

Anyone tried one of the "new" Model 70s? I am looking for a new rifle. I have owned a Remington 700, a Ruger M77, and now one of the last "New Haven" Classic Featheweights. Nothing bad to say about the Ruger or Remington, but the Winchester is my favorite. Are the new ones as good? Limited calibers right now, according to their website. Ruger has more "standard" rounds. Never tried Savage (except for a 99), but I have heard good things.

xwe666

I own one and they are really nice.The action is smooth,the trigger is crisp(the pull weight was a bit heavy from the factory but I ajusted it and its much better now) and the fit and finish on mine is excellent.Its shoot just as good as my other rifle but I can't really give you a group size because my shooting skill aren't very good.But most of the report I've read say that they shoot real good.

zombieslayer

I like Winchester model 70's too. I can say that FN make good products. I been eyeing the PBR in .308. I own a FNAR and Its very accurate, so I'd Imagine their bolt guns are probably very acurate weapons.

kraigwy

I'm a model 70 fan, I have several, pre & post 64s. plus the FN Model 70 (Featherweight in 270).

My opinion is the FN Model 70 is the best one yet. The trigger is easily adjusted (thought I didnt have to touch mine). All I did was scope it. It was gonna me my main hunting rifle ( my grandaughter stole my go to hunting rifle, the Featherweight in 257 roberts).

When I put the scope on I through together some loads to get it zeroed then I was gonna set down and match some loads to the gun. I just dumped 50 grns of 4350 in some new winchester brass, 150 grainers. I lucked out, it shot like a house on fire. No adjustments needed.

In short, I dont think you'll find a better rifle.

GeauxTide

I also own a NH Classic and love it. I've inspected an FN Featherweight and it is identical. Dealer says they shoot as well as the NH. I have to confess that I've been blown away by the Ruger SS Hawkeye I recently acquired.