FN HiPower, questions

Any .45

Saturday at the pawnshop around my house I found a FN HiPower for $300 with one +25 extended mag and 10 full cap mags the gun looked to be around 90%. I really don't know much about these guns and wanted to ask the people I trust have lots of knowledge to share when it comes to fire arms. So, is this gun reliable? Is it worth the price? anything else I should know? Thanks in advance

jtkwon

Extremely reliable. Can't say that about the extended magazine, but with the ordinary 13-rounder, it's just fine.

cxm

At $300 with 10 mags take it and RUN.... NOW.

In my area that is around $200 under average price with one mag. Ten mags are worth $150 to $200.

FWIW

/r

Chuck

maxmanta

To (partially) quote Jeff Cooper: if you don't buy this gun, write yourself a letter (in triplicate) explaining why.

IMHO, the Hi Power is THE most reliable handgun to be had.

gunrunner

seems to be some problem with the gun, either is not a real browning FN. maybe a cheap copy . like a browning. second . even the pawn shops no to sell the mags seperate to make more money, i would be looking to see whats up with this deal first.

Handy

You know, that is about the usual retail price for an Argentine FM High Power copy.

Just take a good look at what the markings read.

Any .45

Ok, I purchased it seems to be a really good deal. Besides this is a guy that let an Armalite ar-15 go for $400 NIB. The extended mag is marked browning Hi-power 9mm as well as two of the full cap mags the rest of them seem to be generic pieces of junk, they fail to feed quite often but the original ones work great, the extended mag has one of the feed lips badly bent so that puts that one in the trash. I still feel I got a good price for one Hi-Power two good mags and a few speed loaders for my sp101 I got out fast and happy, at first the pawnshop owner was bragging about the mags for the gun when i inspected them I let him know those were garbage except for the two factory :D and tried to bring the price down he said he couldn't so he had a few(4) HKS speed loaders I told him to through those in and we had a deal. It's a good thing all those mags were bad if not no speed loaders for my ruger. thank you all