Flare Gun Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

blume357

I had a friend give me a bucket of flares that I need a device to lauch them with. any help would be appreciated.

this is what the flares look like... just a littel over 1.5" wide and 3.75" long... all metal.

edit: what I'm looking for is a: Pyrotechnic Pistol model number AN-M8.
I took the big picture connect out but here is the link to it:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f140/blume357/DSCN8789.jpg

Last edited:
Those are 26.5mm. Search for gecko flare guns or HK flare guns. I have both and i like the HK way better. You should be able to get one for about 40 bucks or less. They are a hoot come 4th of july time but resist shooting them at other time because you could be chraged with sending a false distress signal.

SW

blume357

I don't think they are 26mm

diameter of casing is more like 40mm. these casings are aluminum and written on the side is "simulated projectile / air burst"

blume357

I think I've figured it out.

These are for simulated projectiles. they go about 100 ft and then go off, 600,000 candle power flash. But what I need to find, if it is legal, is a Pyrotechnic Pistol model number AN-M8.

I'm going to bump this one time just to see if anyone has an idea where to find the above listed flare pistol.

Last edited:

jlyent

I've got a flare gun that seems to be close. The chamber dia. is 1.53, but the chamber length is only 1.25. It's marked Kilgore corporation Toone Tenn. model B. Hope this info is of some use. jim

AJAX22

I've got one of those, mine is from around 1943, they were used in bombers to indicate the status of the landing gear,

I have the lug mount the mark 8 and two dated flares, good luck finding one of the pistols, they are wicked expensive if they show up.

if you ever get out in california you can play with mine :) but seriously I'll keep my eyes peeled for another one, they turn up in little out of the way mil surp stores occasionally.

Esteban32696

Here is mine. Made by Electrolux Vacuum Cleaner Co. , Works fine, & I'll part with it for $65.

Attachments

• 100_2953.JPG
    100_2953.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 105
Status
Not open for further replies.