Fixing a Nick in an Aluminum Frame

DEC

I have a handgun that has a small nick on the aluminum frame. It is not very big, but I am pretty anal when it comes to my guns. It
is located near the frame rails on a ridge. Do you have any advice on how I can get reid of this nick and make it look as close to
new as possible? I don't care about the finish because I am planning on getting it refinished with some sort of teflon finish anyway.
BTW, do you have any advice on which teflon finish is the best for durability? Thanks in advance.

cjb

The best, and fastest way to prep a gun for Teflon is to bead blast away the old finish, degrease, dry , teflon , bake. All you have to do is make sure that the glass beads remove the nick before spraying. If you take it to a gunsmith to refinish, point out the nick, so he remembers to give this area special attention when blasting. BROWNELLS Mollycote/ TEFLON seems to work as well as anything. Hope this helps.
CJB

If you plan on sending your gun off for refinishing, the shop you send it too should adress that problem for you, unless they are one of the ones that charge extra for prep/dehorn. If you have any problems contact me I am a complete refinish shop and my price includes the prep work.Blue,Hardchrome,Parkerizing,and my Ultra Coat(with Boron Nitrate)SC